Enjoy a big bowl of this healthy Crock-Pot Kale Soup for dinner or lunch. Filled with healthy kale, beans and turkey kielbasa this recipe hits the spot!
Slow Cooker Kale Soup
Here is a yummy sounding recipe submitted to us by reader Rebecca McLean for Kale Soup done up in the slow cooker. A nice low-fat recipe that is full of great protein and veggies!
This really is a frugal recipe too, with kielbasa sausage as the meat that really adds a ton of flavor to the broth. I know for my family I like to watch for kielbasa to go on sale at the grocery store and when it does, I pick up several packages and toss them into the freezer. That way, I have them on hand to use in so many tasty kielbasa recipes!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Kale Soup Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Can Opener
- Cutting Board
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
Frequently Asked Questions
This lovely soup will also work with diced ham. A great way to use up leftover ham from the holidays.
If kale is not your favorite vegetable you can also use other leafy greens such as spinach, collard greens, mustard greens, Swiss chard, turnip greens, etc.
You can use pretty much any other type of canned beans that you have on hand. Pinto beans, butter beans, black beans, etc. Just be sure to drain and rinse the beans really well, especially if you are using black beans as the liquid from black beans can make your soup a weird color.
Gluten Free | High Fiber | Low Calorie | Low Cholesterol | Low Fat | Low Sugar
This recipe for Crock-Pot Kale Soup is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Tasty Slow Cooker Soups!
Crock-Pot Cheesy Broccoli and Rice Soup
A great meal for a cold winter day this recipe for Slow Cooker Cheesy Broccoli and Rice Soup is an easy, filling soup that your family will love!
Crock-Pot Gouda Potato Soup
Fill up a bowl with this creamy and cheesy recipe for Slow Cooker Gouda Potato Soup. Gouda cheese makes it super delicious and your taste buds will smile!
Crock-Pot Zesty Italian Soup
The secret ingredient in this yummy & easy Slow Cooker Zesty Italian Soup recipe is bottled Italian salad dressing! You will love this veggie loaded soup!
Crock-Pot Easy Minestrone
Warm up to a big bowl of this hearty Slow Cooker Easy Minestrone soup. A great vegetarian version of the classic Italian soup that tastes fantastic!
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Pork Crock-Pot Recipes
- Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- Winter Recipes
Crock-Pot Kale Soup Recipe
- 1 Pound Kielbasa Sausage (Cut Into Cubes)
- 29 Ounces Canned Hominy (Drained)
- 28 Ounces Canned Crushed Tomatoes (Undrained)
- 15 Ounces Canned Red Kidney Beans (Drained And Rinsed)
- 15 Ounces Canned White Navy Beans (Drained And Rinsed)
- 14.5 Ounces Low-Sodium Chicken Broth (Store Bought Or Homemade Chicken Broth)
- 4 Medium Carrots (Diced Or Sliced)
- 3 Ribs Celery (Diced)
- 1 Head Kale (Washed And Chopped)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Mrs. Dash Table Blend Seasoning (Or Homemade Garlic & Herb Spice Mix)
- Salt And Pepper (To Taste)
- Add all ingredients to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker EXCEPT the salt and pepper, stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Taste soup and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Recover and continue cooking for 1 additional hour.
Leave a Reply