You’re going to love this healthy recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Stuffed Green Peppers! Chicken and rice stuffed pepper with a lovely creamy lemon sauce. So good!
Slow Cooker Chicken Stuffed Green Peppers
This recipe was made as part of the Improv Challenge hosted at Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker where bloggers are challenged to create a recipe using two random ingredients each month.
This month’s ingredients were sour cream and lemons. And so I decided to create a lovely stuffed bell pepper recipe using chicken and rice with a really lovely creamy sauce that is flavored with a little bit of lemon juice.
The results were fantastic and I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as my family and I did!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Chicken Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Large skillet
- Wooden Spoon
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Cutting Board
- Dry Measuring Cups And Measuring Spoons
- Citrus Press Juicer
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use any color of bell pepper that you want to make stuffed bell peppers. Red, orange, yellow or even purple bell peppers all will taste and look fantastic.
For this recipe for chicken stuffed bell peppers the ground chicken is browned and crumbled in a pan on the stove-top before being stuffed into the bell peppers.
You do not need to precook the bell peppers before stuffing them in this recipe. In fact, doing so would result in overcooked bell peppers that may not hold their shape while being cooked in the slow cooker.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Stuffed Green Peppers is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Fantastic Recipes To Love!
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Chicken Crock-Pot Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
- Summer Recipes
Crock-Pot Chicken Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe
- 6 Small Green Bell Peppers (Tops Removed And Seeds Removed)
- 1 Pound Ground Chicken (*See Note)
- 1 Cup Low-Sodium Chicken Broth (Store-Bought Or Homemade)
- 1 ½ Cups Cooked Rice (White Or Brown)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Peeled And Diced)
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ¼ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- In a large skillet on the stove-top, cook the ground chicken and onion in the olive oil until the onion is tender and the chicken is cooked and crumbled.
- Add cooked rice, salt, oregano, pepper and cumin to the skillet and stir to mix everything together well.
- Fill prepared bell peppers with the rice and chicken mixture.
- Place stuffed bell pepper inside a 6 quart or larger slow cooker, standing them up so that the filling does not fall out.
- Pour chicken broth over and around peppers.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the bell peppers are tender but not falling apart.
- Carefully remove cooked stuffed pepper and set them aside.
- Whisk the sour cream, tomato paste, cornstarch and lemon juice into the broth in the slow cooker until smooth.
- Return the peppers back into the slow cooker.
- Recover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Serve peppers with the sauce spooned on top.