This recipe for Crock-Pot Easy Stuffed Chicken Breasts is great for weeknight dinners! Tender chicken breasts stuffed with stuffing and other goodies!
Slow Cooker Easy Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This is a really easy chicken recipe you can make with any kind of stuffing mix you like, or make your own.
I used Stove-Top brand chicken flavored stuffing mix and added sliced green olives with pimento to the stuffing to give it a little pizzazz.
Chicken and stuffing is always a classic combination and really this frugal recipe could not be any easier to make.
Serve the chicken with a side of veggies (hint hint these Crock-Pot Green Beans with Bacon are fantastic!) or maybe just add a fresh garden salad to make this meal complete!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Easy Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe:
Frequently Asked Questions
It has been our experience that trying to create a pocket in a boneless skinless chicken thigh is a bit more difficult over cutting a slit in a boneless skinless chicken breast. However, if you are able to successfully cut a pocket into a BLSL chicken thigh go for it. There shouldn’t be any real change in the cooking time.
If olives are not your thing, feel free to omit them. My family really enjoyed the flavor of the addition of the olives. So you may want to give it a try!
After cooking for 4 to 5 hours in the slow cooker on the LOW heat setting your chicken should be fully cooked. You can either pierce the chicken with a knife and see if the juices run clear. Or you can use an instant read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken breast (without going into the stuffing). If the thermometer reads 165° F (74° C) your chicken is done!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Easy Stuffed Chicken Breasts is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Amazing Crockpot Chicken Recipes!
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Chicken Crock-Pot Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
Crock-Pot Easy Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
- With a sharp boning knife, carefully cut a slit in the side of each chicken breast, forming a pocket that you can stuff with the stuffing.
- Prepare the box of stuffing mix according to the directions on the package.
- Stir in the sliced green olives.
- Using a spoon, stuff each chicken breast with about a 1/4 cup of the prepared stuffing.
- Place stuffed chicken breasts in the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker, with the open side up.
- Add chicken broth to the slow cooker and then sprinkle the black pepper evenly over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked.