This recipe for Crock-Pot California Chicken is a yummy meal to serve to your family. Easy to make and the flavors come together making you want more!
Slow Cooker California Chicken
This fantastic healthy recipe comes from reader Rebecca M. and let me tell you, it is fantastic! The flavors in this easy chicken recipe come from orange juice, soy sauce, garlic and Sriracha.
Coming in at just 178 calories per serving this recipe is not only tasty but a great healthy dinner.
You can eat the chicken as is straight from the slow cooker or shred the meat into bite sized chunks and serve it over rice for a filling dinner everyone in the family is going to love!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot California Chicken Recipe:
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use boneless skinless chicken thighs in this California chicken recipe in exchange for the boneless skinless chicken breasts called. Using chicken thighs will result in a moister chicken because thighs are considered dark meat chicken. However the nutritional information of this recipe will be different too with more calories and fat per serving than if you used breast meat.
In this recipe for Slow Cooker California Chicken we used 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken with the average weight of a chicken breast being about 4 ounces before cooking. Thus, a serving is one, 4 ounce chicken breast plus 1/4 of the vegetables and sauce. We do not, as a rule weigh or measure out serving sizes unless it is very easy to do so. Your best bet is to just divide the finished dish by the number of servings.
If you would like to do a little bit of meal prepping ahead of time, this recipe for California chicken cooked in the slow cooker is a great meal-prep recipe. Often times I will go ahead and cook a few recipes on Sunday and stash them away in the refrigerator so that all I have to do is re-heat them (I use the microwave) and serve them up to my family.
You can also make meal prep bowls with rice and this chicken and then you have lunches ready to go and pack with you for work or school.
This recipe for Crock-Pot California Chicken is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Great Chicken Crockpot Recipes You Need To Try!
- Crock-Pot Orange Sesame Chicken
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- Crock-Pot Tangy Catalina Chicken
- Slow Cooker Southwest Spinach Chicken
- Crock-Pot Hot Chicken Sandwiches
Crock-Pot California Chicken Recipe
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the orange juice, soy sauce, orange marmalade, mustard powder, siracha, molasses, shallots and garlic.
- Pour sauce over chicken in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours.
- Add chopped bell peppers and stir to combine them into the sauce.
- Recover slow cooker and cook an additional 1.5 hours or until peppers are cooked but still have a little crunch to them.
- Serve chicken whole or shredded over cooked rice with sauce and peppers spooned over top.