Your family will love this delicious and easy recipe for Crock-Pot Western Beef Casserole. Saddle up to a heaping bowl of beautifully seasoned ground beef and veggies and top with your favorite fresh toppings for a simple dinner.
Slow Cooker Western Beef Casserole
This recipe for Crock-Pot Western Beef Casserole is included in our 10 Easy Crock-Pot Freezer Meals Meal Plan that you can purchase in our store for just $1.99. The meal plan includes 10 great freezer meals that you can prepare ahead of time and have ready to go in your freezer. You will also get a printable grocery shopping list for all the ingredients needed to make all 10 meals as well as printable labels that you can stick on your freezer bags.
This recipe is a favorite for my kids. They like these Goulash type recipes where we mix hamburger, beans, corn and tomatoes. With this recipe you will need to cook the hamburger beforehand, and I would highly suggest using a lean ground beef and this recipe can easily be swapped out with ground turkey or ground venison.
We like to top our bowls of casserole with fresh toppings like diced tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream and make sort of a taco bowl type dish. You could also throw this inside tortillas for burritos, in fact that is what I like to do with leftovers, and then I wrap the burritos up in foil and pop them into the freezer and I have quick and easy lunches for another day!
Two birds with one stone…I love that kind of cooking!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Western Beef Casserole Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Can Opener
- Cheese Grater
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, as with most recipes that call for ground beef or hamburger meat you can easily substitute with just about any type of ground meat such as ground turkey, ground chicken, ground venison, ground bison, etc. Just remember, the meat is cooked and crumbled before you put it in the slow cooker.
Readers have reported in the comments below that they have used other vegetables such as peas, carrots and bell peppers. So feel free to use this recipe as a base and add vegetables that you have on hand!
Sometimes you need to make casserole like this stretch a little bit further to serve more people or feed very hungry teens or hard working men. To stretch this casserole try serving it over cooked rice, cooked noodles or even mashed potatoes.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Western Beef Casserole is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Tasty Slow Cooker Entrees To Try!
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Beef Crock-Pot Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Freezer Meal Recipes
- Hamburger/Ground Beef Crock-Pot Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
- Readers’ Favorite Recipes
- Spring Recipes
- Summer Recipes
- Winter Recipes
Crock-Pot Western Beef Casserole Recipe
- 2 Pounds Extra Lean Ground Beef (Browned, Crumbled And Drained)
- 16 Ounces Canned Kidney Beans (Drained And Rinsed)
- 16 Ounces Canned Corn (Drained)
- 10.75 Ounces Canned Tomato Soup
- 1 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Peeled And Diced)
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Chili Powder
- ¼ Cup Milk (Or Water)
- Combine all ingredients in a 6 quart or larger slow cooker. and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4 Hours Or On HIGH For 2 hours or until everything is hot.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Brown Hamburger
- Place all ingredients into a sturdy freezer ziploc bag.
- I mixed this a bit with my hands, and then laid flat, pushed as much air out as possible and froze it. I will mix it well once I place it in the crock (trying to avoid making more dirty dishes for myself).
- Cook in the crock with the same times as above.