Coconut and cornbread meet for a tasty and unexpected combination in this recipe for Crock-Pot Coconut Cornbread! It’s delicious!
Slow Cooker Coconut Cornbread
My sister had gone to a party where the hosts had made cornbread with coconut added to it and she raved about it the next day with me on the phone.
So the next time I went to make cornbread for my family I decided to tweak my classic Crock-Pot Cornbread recipe and add some coconut to it to see how it turned out.
And the results…my family loved it!
The coconut really added something different flavor-wise. Some what tropical but yet nutty.
Served warm right out of the slow cooker with some butter and a little drizzle of honey. Oh my!
Give this recipe a try I think you are going to really like it!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Coconut Cornbread Recipe:
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Slow Cooker OR 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Mixing Bowls
- Dry Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Silicone Spatula
- Kitchen Towel Or Paper Towels
Frequently Asked Questions
I used unsweetened shredded coconut in this recipe, however you can use the sweetened variety and the finished cornbread will be a little bit more sweeter.
Once cooked, you can store the finished cornbread by wrapping it or covering it with plastic wrap (I like Glad Press’n Seal Plastic Food Wrap) and store it on the counter-top for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Sure! White corn meal can easily be substituted for any recipe using yellow corn meal, including this coconut corn bread. The only difference will be the color of your finished cornbread.
More Fantastic Crockpot Bread Recipes:
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Bread Recipes
- Easter Recipes
Crock-Pot Coconut Cornbread Recipe
- Spray a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker OR 6 quart or larger slow cooker insert with non-stick cooking spray or grease with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, coconut, sugar, baking powder and salt until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a silicone spatula just until everything is moist. Avoid over stirring, a few lumps are okay.
- Pour batter into prepared slow cooker crock and place in the slow cooker cooking base.
- Place a clean kitchen towel or a double layer of paper towels between the slow cooker insert and lid.
- Cook on HIGH heat for 2 to 3 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cornbread comes out clean.
- Cut into 12 servings and enjoy!