This recipe for Crock-Pot Nutella Banana Bread combines banana bread with a yummy swirl of Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread, all cooked in the slow cooker!
Slow Cooker Nutella Banana Bread
I love being able to bake quick breads like this Nutella swirled banana bread in my slow cooker. The bread always comes out moist and yummy without me having to heat up the oven.
This recipe was totally inspired by the recipe from Six Sisters Stuff. The only real difference is that I baked mine in the slow cooker. And the bread came out super yummy!
The flavor combination of warm banana bread swirled with chocolate and hazelnut was AMAZING and this is a recipe I will be making again and again! Next time I may even add some toasted chopped hazelnuts (also known as filberts in some parts of the world) to a loaf and see if I like the added crunch!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Can I Store The Baked Crock-Pot Nutella Banana Bread?
This bread can be stored tightly wrapped in plastic or foil for up to 3 days on the counter-top at room temperature, 1 week in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer. To wrap for the freezer simply allow the bread to fully cool on a cooling rack and then wrap the loaf in a double layer of plastic cling-film, then place the wrapped loaf of bread in a zip top gallon sized freezer food storage bag.
Can I Make This Recipe Gluten Free?
This recipe has been tested using gluten free Cup4Cup flour and it came out great. That being said, we have not tested other gluten-free flours or flour substitutes so cannot guarantee the results. We do encourage you to experiment and test things out to make them work for your specific dietary needs. And if you do try it, be sure to come back and let us know how it turns out for you!
Do I Need To Use A Mixer To Make This Recipe?
While a hand mixer is nice to use for this quick bread recipe, is it not necessary. You can cream the softened butter and eggs with a wooden spoon and mix the batter by hand. It will just take a little more time and effort. The results, however will still be fantastic.
More Delicious Slow Cooker Bread Recipes!
- Crock-Pot Peanut Butter Bread
- Slow Cooker Cheddar Garlic Bread
- Crock-Pot Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread
- Slow Cooker Irish Soda Bread
- Crock-Pot Zucchini Bread
Crock-Pot Nutella Banana Bread Recipe
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and granulated sugar with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg.
- Add mashed bananas, milk and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients until everything is moistened and mixed together.
- Measure out the Nutella into a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave on LOW for about 30 seconds or until the Nutella is melted and smooth when stirred with a spoon.
- Measure out 1 cup of the banana bread batter and pour into a small bowl. Mix this small amount of batter with the melted Nutella. Set aside.
- Butter or spray with non-stick cooking spray a loaf pan that will fit inside your 6 quart or larger oval slow cooker.
- Add the batter (the one without the Nutella) to the prepared loaf pan.
- Spoon the batter with the Nutella on top of the plain batter and swirl together with a butter knife.
- Place the loaf pan inside your slow cooker and place a clean kitchen towel or a layer of paper towels between the lid and the slow cooker insert.
- Cook on HIGH for 1 hour and 45 minutes to 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the banana bread comes out clean.
- Carefully remove the loaf pan from the slow cooker and place on a cooling rack and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before removing baked bread from the pan.
- Serve banana bread warm or at room temperature and enjoy!