Your party guests are going to LOVE this easy 2 ingredient recipe for Crock-Pot Tamale Dip! Grab some tortilla chips and dip on in!
Slow Cooker Tamale Dip
If you need a simple dip recipe check out this fantastic tamale dip from Crock-Pot Ladies reader Donna M. that has just TWO ingredients!
That’s right folks, two ingredients – cream cheese and canned tamales!
Now, when I went to make this dip and give it a test I honesty had no idea that canned tamales even existed. But, I went to my local grocery store (Super Walmart) and checked out the Latin food section of the store and sure enough there they were, canned tamales.
After making this easy dip and serving it with some tortilla chips I have to say…pretty darn tasty!
So, if you are looking for a dump-and-go dip recipe give this recipe a try!
You Are Gonna Love These Slow Cooker Dips Too!
- 4 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 4.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Beef Crock-Pot Recipes
- Dip Recipes
- Ultimate Collection Of Crock-Pot Game Day Recipes
Crock-Pot Tamale Dip Recipe
- Open cans of tamales and check to see if the tamales are individually wrapped in paper (some brands are while some are not). If they are you will need to remove the paper wrapping from each tamale.
- Add the tamales (along with the sauce that they are packed in) and the cream cheese to a 4 to 5 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 hour.
- Using a spoon or spatula, break up the tamales and cream cheese a little bit making sure that there are still chunks of tamales.
- Recover slow cooker and continue cooking on LOW for an additional 30 to 60 minutes until all of the cream cheese is melted and the dip is creamy.
- Serve with tortilla chips.