Crock-Pot Coconut Banana Bread – If you love coconut then you are going to have to try this recipe for Crock-Pot Coconut Banana Bread. We love making quick breads in our slow cooker because it doesn’t heat up the kitchen!
Slow Cooker Coconut Banana Bread
I made this loaf of coconut banana bread in my slow cooker with the sole intention of not having to share it with my kids.
I know…mean mom!
But the reality is my kids don’t like coconut and I do!
I love making quick breads in my slow cooker for so many reasons.
- No need to heat up the whole house like you do when you bake in your oven.
- No rush to take the bread out of the oven when the timer goes off…bread baked in your crock-pot is a little bit forgiving if you are busy doing something else when the cooking time is done. I mean 5 – 10 minutes is not going to burn the bread!
- The bread comes out moist. Yep, slow cooker cooking is a moist cooking environment so your bread comes out of the crock-pot without the risk of being dry!
But enough about me raving about why I love cooking breads in the slow cooker…let’s talk about this recipe!
If you like the combination of banana, coconut and chocolate you are going to LOVE this recipe. The bread is a basic banana quick bread recipe with the addition of some shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
If you don’t like coconut… omit it.
Chocolate isn’t your thing… omit it.
If you want to add some nuts… go for it.
Sliced almonds, walnuts or pecans would be amazing!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Coconut Banana Bread Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Loaf Pan
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer
- Wooden Spoon
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Baking Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Slow Cooker Baking Rack OR Aluminum Foil
- Paper Towels OR Kitchen Towel
Frequently Asked Questions
This recipe can easily be made gluten free using a flour substitute such as Cup For Cup Gluten Free Flour or King Arthur Measure For Measure Gluten Free Flour. As with any recipe if you are gluten sensitive please read the ingredients list for all ingredients you use in a recipe to make sure there is no hidden gluten.
While we have not tested this recipe in a traditional oven (this site focuses only on slow cooker recipes) you should be able to bake this bread in the oven. Using a traditional banana bread recipes as a guide I would say you can bake this bread in a 325° F pre-heated oven for about 1 hour.
You can easily add anywhere up to 1 cup of chopped nuts such as walnuts, pecans or almonds to this recipe.
More Fantastic Slow Cooker Breads!
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Bread Recipes
- Easter Recipes
Crock-Pot Coconut Banana Bread Recipe
- Turn a 6 quart or larger slow cooker on high and let it pre-heat.
- Make sure you have a rectangular loaf pan that will fit inside your slow cooker.
- In a large bowl cream together the sugar and the butter with a hand mixer.
- Add one egg at a time and continue to mix.
- Add in the bananas, milk and vanilla extract..
- With a wooden spoon stir in the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix just until it is combined making sure not to over mix the batter. It should be a little lumpy.
- Add the shredded coconut and chocolate chips (if using) and gently mix them in by hand.
- Spray your loaf pan with a non-stick cooking spray designed for baking.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Place a small oval baking rack inside the bottom of the slow cooker (OR use strips of crumpled up foil) to elevate the loaf pan off of the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place loaf pan on top of rack/foil strips.
- Place two connected paper towel sheets or a clean thin kitchen towel over the top of the slow cooker and then cover with lid. (This is to prevent condensation that collects on the lid from dripping onto your bread as it bakes).
- Using a fork or other kitchen prop the lid up just a little bit so that a little air can escape.
- Cook the bread on HIGH for 2 to 4 hours.
- Check the bread at the 2 hour mark and test with a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the middle of bread. If not done cook longer.
- Remove the loaf pan from slow cooker and let cool on a cooling rack for 10 to 15 minutes before removing the bread from the pan. Allow the bread to cool fully before eating.