Use up the abundance of fresh zucchini in the summer without heating up the oven with this super easy recipe for Crock-Pot Zucchini Bread! Perfect smeared with a little butter or just eaten plain as a snack, dessert or breakfast!
Slow Cooker Zucchini Bread
Every year I plant up one of my favorite vegetables in my garden and come mid-summer I am swimming in fresh zucchini that I need to use up in recipes.
Zucchini bread is probably one of the most popular recipes you can find to use up the zucchini.
The problem is, in the hot summer months, the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven, heat up my kitchen which then heats up my whole house.
So why not bake a loaf of zucchini bread in your slow cooker instead?
The finished loaf comes out moist with a touch of cinnamon. And if you want to add some nuts, raisins or chocolate chips…go for it!
I like to eat slices of zucchini bread slightly warm with a smear of cream cheese on it for breakfast or a snack. But butter or plain is just fine too!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Zucchini Bread Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Mixing Bowl
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Cheese Grater Or Food Processor
- Wooden Spoon Or Silicone Spatula
- Loaf Pan
- Thin Kitchen Towel Or Paper Towels
Frequently Asked Questions
For the most traditional looking zucchini bread, a loaf pan resting inside the slow cooker is going to give you the best results. Your slow cooker is going to act like a miniature oven (but without heating up your kitchen). This is the method we prefer for the best looking and tasting zucchini bread. However, if you cannot find a loaf pan that fits inside your slow cooker you can pour the batter directly in the slow cooker (greased or buttered first) and cook it that way. Keep in mind that some slow cookers have the heating element on in the base located on the sides and as such you may find that your slow cooker heats hotter on one side. To prevent burning or overcooking, simply flip the stoneware crock a few times while cooking.
If you like nuts in your zucchini bread you can add up to 1/2 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts to the batter. Additionally, you can also add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, raisins or other dried fruit.
While this recipe has not been tested using gluten-free flour, our readers report that you can use a good gluten-free all-purpose flour blend such as Cup4Cup to make this zucchini bread gluten-free.
More Great Crockpot Recipes To Love!
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Bread Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
- Summer Recipes
Crock-Pot Zucchini Bread Recipe
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon or silicone spatula until everything is mixed well and all of the dry ingredients are mixed in.
- Pour batter into a greased or buttered loaf pan that fit inside a 6 quart or larger oval slow cooker.
- Place loaf pan inside slow cooker and place a clean thin kitchen towel or a layer of paper towels between the slow cooker insert and lid.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours, or until a toothpick, when inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Carefully remove loaf pan from the slow cooker, and allow bread to cool for 20 minutes before removing the zucchini bread from the loaf pan.
- Enjoy the zucchini bread warm or at room temperature plain or spread with butter or cream cheese.
Linked up at the Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange!