Bake up a moist, homemade single loaf of Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana bread right in your Crock-Pot. No need to heat up the oven or the kitchen! A great snack or dessert!
Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread
Garden season is here and I just put my zucchini seeds in the soil this week in anticipation of having a bunch of fresh from the garden zucchini to eat in a ton of different ways.
Of course a classic way to use up the abundance of zucchini from your garden is to make up zucchini bread. But what if you also have a extra banana or two languishing on the counter going brown?
How about mashing that up and adding it to your zucchini bread?
And then let’s go ahead and add some chocolate chips too.
And then because this is a Crock-Pot recipe blog we have to bake it in our slow cooker!
I love baking in my slow cooker because that means I do not have to heat up the oven, which then heats up my kitchen, which then heats up my house. Nope not during the summer when it is hot enough already!
Plus, baking quick breads in the slow cooker like this results in a one loaf of banana bread that is filled with shredded zucchini and studded with chocolate chips that is fantastically moist and delicious!
This recipe as is is dairy free. But I like to serve it as a mid afternoon snack with a little butter or cream cheese.
It works as a dessert or breakfast too!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Grater Or Food Processor
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon Or Silicone Spatula
- Loaf Pan
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! To make this bread gluten free you can simply swap out the all-purpose wheat flour with Cup 4 Cup gluten free flour. The rest of the recipe stays the same and the finished loaf tastes great!
I have not tried this recipe by replacing ALL of the sugar in it. But, I have been able to cut the sugar quite a a bit by using Splenda products (not sponsored) and sugar free chocolate chips.. To make this chocolate chip banana zucchini bread sugar free you can replace the granulated white sugar with Splenda and the brown sugar with Splenda Brown Sugar blend and use sugar free chocolate chips.
Absolutely! You can add 1/2 cup of either chopped walnuts or chopped pecans right into the batter when you add the chocolate chips.
To make quick work in grating your zucchini I like to use my food processor. But a cheese grater will work too! You do not need to peel the zucchini first, just give them a quick rinse, cut off the ends and then grate them up.
Watch this video from Lakeland PBS to learn some tricks!
More Crockpot Quick Bread Recipes You Need To Try!
Crock-Pot Zucchini Bread
Use up the abundance of fresh zucchini in the summer without heating up the oven with this super easy recipe for Slow Cooker Zucchini Bread!
Crock-Pot Nutella Banana Bread
This recipe for Slow Cooker Nutella Banana Bread combines banana bread with a yummy swirl of Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread, all cooked in the slow cooker!
Crock-Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Bread
You're going to love the flavors of pumpkin and cheesecake combined in this tasty & moist recipe for Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cheesecake Bread! Great for dessert!
Crock-Pot 5 Ingredient Banana Bread
Make banana bread in your slow cooker with this easy recipe for Slow Cooker 5 Ingredient Banana Bread. Yellow cake mix is the secret ingredient!
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Bread Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
- Summer Recipes
Crock-Pot Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread Bread
- 2 Cups Shredded Zucchini
- 1 Cup Mashed Ripe Banana (2 Small Or 1 Large )
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 ½ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ⅓ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the shredded zucchini, mashed banana, vegetable oil and egg.
- Stir in the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, kosher salt and baking powder until combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare a bread loaf pan that will fit inside a 6 quart or larger by spraying the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour bread batter into prepared loaf pan. Place in the slow cooker.
- Place a layer of paper towels or a clean thin flour sack kitchen towel between the lid and insert of the slow cooker to prevent condensation from dripping onto the top of bread while it cooks.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 to 6 hours or until a toothpick when inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean or with just a few crumbs.
- Turn off slow cooker and carefully remove loaf pan from slow cooker and allow it to cool for 10 minutes before removing bread from the pan.
- Serve bread warm or at room temperature with butter or cream cheese if desired.
What would you change if you were to cook it in the crock-pot ceramic insert after spraying with non-stick spray? Would you double the recipe or suggest I give it up?
Crock-Pot Ladies says
I am sure you can bake it right in the slow cooker insert. But the cooking time might be a little bit less. I would just keep my eye on it so it doesn’t overcook.
Is there a way to cook this in the oven? If so, what should the oven temperature be and for how long?
Crock-Pot Ladies says
Sorry Liz, this recipe has not been tested in the oven.
If you bake it in the oven, add an extra egg and bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees until its brown on top and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
I use light tasting olive oil in place of vegetable oil and add shredded carrots in addition to the zucchini.
I also use Nestles Chocolate morsels in place of the chocolate chips. So good!