Make banana bread in your slow cooker with this easy recipe for Crock-Pot 5 Ingredient Banana Bread. Yellow cake mix is the secret ingredient!
Slow Cooker 5 Ingredient Banana Bread
I love a good loaf of banana bread and one filled with chocolate chips and pecans is even better in my book!
Cooking the banana bread in your slow cooker results in a moist loaf but you don’t have to even heat up your oven.
As breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert this 5-ingredient banana bread is great plain or with a smear of either butter or cream cheese.
What Is A Serving Size?
A serving size of this recipe is 1/8th of the finished cooked loaf of banana bread. We do not (as a rule) measure or weigh out precise serving sizes because with most home cooked foods the final volume may vary.
Can I Use Gluten Free Cake Mix?
While we have not tested this recipe ourselves using a gluten free cake mix we believe that it should work out just fine. If you do decide to test this recipe yourself using a gluten free cake mix we just strongly recommend that you watch your banana bread a bit more carefully to prevent burning.
Can I Omit The Chocolate Chips And Nuts?
Absolutely. If you are not a fan of chocolate chips or have a nut allergy please do not hesitate to omit these two ingredients altogether. If you would like to substitute them with other types of nuts, chips (white chocolate chips would be fantastic), dried fruits or other mix-ins you can do that too.
Can I Use Other Flavors Of Cake Mix?
Yes you can. We have had great success using other flavors of boxed cake mix. I have now tested this recipe using white cake mix, chocolate cake mix and butter pecan cake mix (per suggestion from a reader) and they all turned out fantastic.
Can I Cook This In Another Size Of Slow Cooker?
This recipe was officially tested using a 6 quart slow cooker with a loaf pan inserted in the slow cooker. And then tested again in the same sized slow cooker without a loaf pan. If you want to cook this banana bread in a loaf pan for a traditional looking loaf of banana bread you will need a 6 quart or larger oval slow cooker so that a loaf pan will actually fit.
We have not tested this recipe in smaller slow cooker although with a little testing on your part this recipe should be OK in a 4 quart, 4.5 quart, 5 quart or 5.5 quart provided that the quick bread batter does not reach more than 2/3 of the way up the sides of your slow cooker. Since we have not tested this recipe in those smaller sizes we cannot comment on how long you will need to cook the bread. If you are feeling adventurous… give it a try and watch your bread to make sure it does not burn.
More Fantastic Slow Cooker Breads:
- Crock-Pot Irish Soda Bread
- Slow Cooker Cornbread
- Crock-Pot Peanut Butter Bread
- Slow Cooker Nutella Banana Bread
- Crock-Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Bread
Crock-Pot 5 Ingredient Banana Bread Recipe
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all of the ingredients until evenly mixed.
- Grease a 6 quart or larger slow cooker OR a loaf pan that fits inside a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Pour batter into prepared slow cooker or loaf pan. If using a loaf pan, set the pan inside the slow cooker.
- Place a layer of either paper towels or a clean kitchen towel between the lid and stoneware crock of the slow cooker to absorb condensation that may collect on the lid and drip on your bread while cooking.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- When done cooking, remove lid from slow cooker and turn off slow cooker and all the bread to cool before eating.