Is your summer garden bursting at the seams with fresh zucchini? Make this recipe for Crock-Pot Fresh Zucchini Casserole to use up some of that garden (or farmer’s market) abundance. Full of healthy vegetables and taste great this easy slow cooker recipe is a winner every time!
Slow Cooker Fresh Zucchini Casserole
It’s the time of year….fresh veggies from the garden! It’s also that time of year where you have a plethora of zucchini and squash and need a recipe to use them up before your inundated on your counter with them. This recipe for Crock-Pot Fresh Zucchini Casserole is super easy to make if your needing such a recipe!
This casserole is filled with yummy vegetables, a creamy sauce and then topped with a crispy crust made from stuffing mix (like Stove Top Savory Herb) and it is just delicious. You can serve this as as side dish or as a meatless main dish.
You can use all zucchini squash or yellow summer squash or…a combination of the two.
And while zucchini is an abundant vegetable in most summer vegetable gardens they are also pretty easy to find year-round in most grocery stores.
This recipe is one of my families favorites and I hope you and your family will enjoy it too!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Fresh Zucchini Casserole:
- 5 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger) OR 3.5 Quart Casserole Slow Cooker
- Cutting Board
- Can Opener
- Measuring Cups
What Can I Substitute The Bread Crumbs With If I Am Gluten Free?
If you are looking to replace the bread crumbs in this recipe with something that is gluten free there are several options available. First, there are gluten free bread crumbs available to purchase (or you can make your own by using the heals or stale gluten free bread). Alternatively we have had great success using panko bread crumbs, ground up Parmesan cheese crisps as well as ground up pork rinds. As with anything when you cooking gluten free check your labels to make sure they don’t contain gluten.
Can I Use Other Vegetables In This Recipe?
You can easily substitute other summer squash (such as yellow squash) in this recipe for the zucchini.
Can I Use Something Other Than Cream Of Celery Soup?
If you are not a fan of cream of celery soup you can also use cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup in this recipe. If you are on a gluten free diet there are “cream of” soups available on the market that are gluten free. You just need to look for them.
You can also use this recipe for Cream Of Anything Soup Mix which can be used in any recipe that calls for canned cream of type soups.
Crock-Pot Fresh Zucchini Casserole Recipe
- 3 Medium Zucchini (Thinly Sliced (**See Note))
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Peeled And Diced)
- 1 Cup Peeled And Shredded Carrots
- 10.75 Ounces Canned Cream Of Celery Soup ((*See Note))
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 8 Ounces Herb Seasoned Stuffing Mix (Such As Stove-Top Brand)
- ¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- Add the zucchini, onion, carrots and canned soup to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Stir together the sour cream and the flour in a small mixing bowl and add it to the vegetables, tossing to coat.
- In another mixing bowl toss the melted butter with the stuffing mix.
- Evenly spread half of the stuffing mix in to the bottom of a 5 quart or larger slow cooker (or a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker).
- Add the sauce coated vegetables evenly on top of the stuffing.
- Evenly spread the remaining stuffing mixture over the top of the vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.
Linked up at the following link parties: The Weekend Social