Filled with chicken, cheese and fresh spinach this delicious recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Lasagna is full of great flavor and perfect for family dinner!
Slow Cooker Chicken Lasagna
This cheesy chicken lasagna recipe may not be the prettiest recipe but it sure does taste fantastic. Filled with diced cooked chicken, cheese and fresh spinach in a creamy sauce this recipe is really tasty and is one of my families favorites.
This is a recipe I have cooked for years and years in the oven, but now that I have a casserole crock-pot I like to use that to bake up this cheesy lasagna. Which means I can cook this recipe all year around, even in the hot days of summer, without having to turn on my oven and heat up the whole house.
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Chicken Lasagna Recipe:
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Slow Cooker OR 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Mixing Bowl
- Cutting Board
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Can Opener
Frequently Asked Questions
This recipe calls for 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts that has already been cooked. So that means if you have leftover cooked chicken this recipe is perfect for this recipe. You can also use store bought rotisserie chicken that has been picked off the bones or you can cook up some chicken for this recipe by either baking, boiling or even grilling.
No, this recipe uses cooked chicken. Raw uncooked chicken will not work in this chicken lasagna recipe as the cooking time will not fully cook the chicken.
Oven ready lasagna noodles (sometimes called no-boil lasagna noodles) are lasagna noodles that do not require you to boil them in water before using them in your lasagna. The sheets of pasta are pre-cooked and then dehydrated. They are ready to use right out of the package.
We like using these oven ready lasagna noodles in this chicken lasagna recipe because there is one less step to assembling your lasagna and the uncooked lasagna noodles absorb some of the liquid in your lasagna as they cook making for a less runny finished dish.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Lasagna is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
If you like lasagna then check out these recipes too!
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Chicken Crock-Pot Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
Crock-Pot Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- 21 Ounces Canned Reduced Fat Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 8 Ounces Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Milk
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Minced)
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Paprika
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (Cooked And Diced (See note))
- 1 Cup Fresh Baby Spinach (Washed, Dried And Chopped Small)
- 16 Ounces Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles
- 16 Ounces Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, milk, Parmesan cheese, onion, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Stir in diced cooked chicken and spinach into sauce mixture.
- Spray a 6 quart or larger oval slow cooker OR a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place a layer of uncooked oven-ready lasagna noodles in the bottom of the slow cooker, breaking up the noodles as needed to make them fit and cover the bottom of the slow cooker as best as possible.
- Spread one-third of the chicken/spinach sauce mixture over the layer of lasagna noodles.
- Sprinkle a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Repeat the layers two more time (noodles, chicken/spinach mixture, cheese).
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 hours.
- Switch slow cooker to LOW and continue to cook for 3 1/2 hours.
- Turn slow cooker OFF and let lasagna sit and rest for 10 to 20 minutes to allow it to set up before serving.