A super easy meal to prepare using either chicken breast meat or leftover chicken meat. This recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken ala King is great served over hot biscuits for a meal the whole family will adore!
Slow Cooker Chicken ala King
Chicken ala King (or Chicken à la King] is a classic recipe straight from a by-gone era. Invented in the 1800’s the dish consists of diced chicken in a cream sauce with vegetables and sometimes sherry and mushrooms.
This slow cooker version however omits the mushroom and sherry to make this a more kid-friendly meal. However, if you want to add them, feel free to add a dash or two of sherry and some sliced or diced button mushrooms.
I like to serve the Chicken ala King over hot biscuits straight out of the oven. If I have time I will make homemade biscuits. But in a pinch refrigerated biscuits (such as Pillsbury brand) will do.
You can also serve the creamy chicken over cooked egg noodles, rice or even slices of bread.
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Chicken ala King Recipe:
- 5 Quart, 5.5 Quart, 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Measuring Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Can Opener
- Cutting Board
Frequently Asked Questions
While I typically serve the chicken ala king over biscuits (that I bake in the oven, not in the slow cooker) you can also serve it over cooked rice or egg noodles. And, if you are on a low carb diet you can serve it over steamed cauliflower rice.
If peas, onions and bell peppers are not your thing feel free to use other vegetables. Mushrooms are a classic but you can also use diced carrots too.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken ala King is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Great Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes To Try!
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Chicken Crock-Pot Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
Crock-Pot Chicken ala King Recipe
- 21.5 Ounces Canned Reduced Fat Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 3 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- ⅛ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ⅛ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Low-Sodium Chicken Broth (Store Bought Or Homemade Chicken Broth)
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (Cut Into Bite Sized Pieces)
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 12 Ounces Frozen Peas (Thawed)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the cream of chicken soup, flour, salt and pepper until there are no lumps of flour in the mixture. Add to a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker add the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the peas and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thickened.
- Add the thawed peas to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Recover the slow cooker with the lid and continue to cook on LOW for 20 minutes or until the peas are warmed up.