A traditional recipe for a Crock-Pot Layered Lasagna Casserole that comes out beautifully and makes for a simple dinner on any night. This recipe is cooked in the rectangular casserole shaped slow cooker but could easily be adapted to a round or oval slow cooker too.
Slow Cooker Layered Lasagna Casserole
Many of my recipes lately have been using my newest addition to my Crock-Pot collection. This 3.5 quart casserole Crock-Pot is slowly becoming one of my favorite slow cookers in my arsenal. Oh sure, I still love my trusty 6.5 quart oval slow cooker too but the rectangular shape of this casserole slow cooker is just so darn handy! Even though it is smaller by volume I can still fit a lot of food in it! Plus some things just look better when they are cooked in this shape.
Lasagna is one of those dishes. Oh sure there are several recipes out there that are made in a traditional round or oval slow cooker (we have a couple HERE and HERE). They come out tasty oh sure, but they don’t quite LOOK like the traditional layered lasagna that we all know and love. But this one does…it is put together just like a oven-baked lasagna is and in fact is the exact same recipe I would use if I was going to bake it in the oven.
But I don’t like to bake things in my oven, not if I can crock it instead. Otherwise this blog would be called Oven Ladies. 😀
So here you go, my go to recipe for lasagna made in the slow cooker. To feed my family I made up a quick salad and and some crusty bread. A winner for dinner any night!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Layered Lasagna Casserole is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Layered Lasagna Casserole Recipe
- 2 Lbs. Italian Sausage
- 1 Whole Onion ((Diced small))
- 3 Cloves Garlic ((Minced))
- 15 Oz. Low Fat Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 48 Ounces Jarred Marinara Sauce (Store Bought Or Homemade)
- 4 Cups Mozzarella Cheese ((Shredded))
- 9 Oz. Lasagna Noodles ((No cook variety – I use Barilla brand))
- In a large skillet cook the Italian sausage, onion and minced garlic. Breaking up the sausage into crumbles and cooking until the sausage is cooked and no longer pink. Drain to remove excess grease and set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together the ricotta cheese, oregano, basil, parsley, egg and Parmesan cheese until well mixed. Set aside.
- In the bottom of a 3.5 quart casserole shaped slow cooker add 1 1/2 cup of marinara sauce and spread it to cover the entire bottom of dish.
- Lay down on top of the sauce 1 layer of uncooked lasagna noodles.
- On top of the lasagna noodles spread half of the ricotta cheese mixture making sure it is evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle a a layer of mozzarella cheese on top of the ricotta cheese.
- Add a layer of the browned sausage, onion & garlic mixture.
- Add a layer of marinara sauce.
- Repeat layers – noodles, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, sausage, sauce. Ending with sauce then a light layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover crock-pot and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with a side salad and some crusty bread or garlic bread for a wonderful and easy dinner.