Moist and juicy pork chops are slow cooked in a simple peach sauce laced with whiskey. This recipe for Crock-Pot Peach Whiskey Pork Chops has only 5 ingredients and is a snap to prepare so you can have dinner on the table with little effort!
Slow Cooker Peach Whiskey Pork Chops
This recipe for Crock-Pot Peach Whiskey Pork Chops came about when I had a package of thick cut pork chops thawing in the refrigerator for dinner and my husband came up from the basement with a jar of the homemade peach preserves I had made last summer and totally forgot we had down there.
Oops my bad!
So immediately I thought I could combine the peach preserves and the pork chops for a sweet summery pork chop dish. But then when I was looking in the pantry to see what I could make as a side dish (rice pilaf was the pantry score) I spotted a bottle of whiskey up on the booze shelf we have way up high. We are not big drinkers really, oh sure every now and then I like a glass of wine with my dinner or my husband will make me a tasty cocktail after the kids go to bed, but it is a rare thing really, maybe once every couple months.
I am not sure what we bought the whiskey for originally, probably one of my husbands cocktails or something. But there it was and I immediately thought that would be delicious in this dish.
So I quickly got all my ingredients together (only 5) and set to prep everything and get it in the crock-pot so I could let it cook while we ran about town running errands and doing… well life and all the things you do with a large family.
I quickly stirred together the jar of peach preserves, whiskey and some minced garlic (if you are in a pinch a teaspoon of jarred pre-minced garlic will work) and set the bowl aside while I browned the pork chops quickly in a little cooking oil.
Browning the pork chops not only gives the pork chops a lovely color but also brings a different flavor dimension to the dish too. It also seals in the juices which makes for a super tender and juicy finished chop.
Then toss the pork chops and peach sauce mixture in the slow cooker and let it cook for about 4 hours on LOW.
I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as our family did!
Crock-Pot Peach Whiskey Pork Chops Recipe
- In a small mixing bowl stir together the peach preserves, Whiskey, and minced garlic. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan heat the cooking oil until very hot but not yet smoking. Add the pork chops in a single layer and brown quickly on both side until golden. About 2 to 3 minutes per side. You may need to do this in two batches to avoid over crowding the pan if you pan is not large enough.
- Place browned pork chops in a 6 quart or larger slow cooker and pour the peach and whiskey mixture over the pork chops.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Serve pork chops with peach sauce spooned over then and enjoy!