Warm up to a rich & creamy cup of cocoa on a chilly day with this delicious recipe for Crock-Pot Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate that is both sweet & salty!
Slow Cooker Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
This recipe for Crock-Pot Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate is a new spin on one of our most popular recipes here at Crock-Pot Ladies…Crock-Pot Thick And Creamy Hot Chocolate. A recipe so good that one of our beloved readers, Sara S., said the leftovers made a wonderful base for ice cream…that is how thick and creamy that recipe is!
So I decided to take that favorite recipe and give it a new twist by adding some caramel sauce (I just used a bottle of Smucker’s brand caramel sauce, but any already made sauce will work..it is usually found near the ice cream in the grocery store) and some sea salt to really give this hot cocoa a sweet and salty flavor.
My oldest daughter Marilyn is a HUGE fan of anything salted caramel and so I made this one especially for her and she LOVED it.
It is just the thing to serve on a chilly day to warm you up. But it is also one of those recipes you can make up and serve at a party too. Just cook it for it’s required 4 hours and then turn your slow cooker on to the warm setting to keep it toasty.
I made up my cups a bit fancy with whipped cream, a drizzle of more of that sticky caramel sauce and because I had them on hand a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips. Too much fun for words!
Of course if you are a marshmallow fan versus whipped cream by all means, toss some mini marshmallows in there instead!
Crock-Pot Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Recipe
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 14 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk (1 can)
- 2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 6 cups Whole Milk
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ cup Caramel Sauce (plus more for drizzling on top)
- In a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker add the heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, semi-sweet chocolate chips, whole milk, vanilla extract, sea salt and 1/2 cup of caramel sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours, siring half way through the cooking time if you can.
- Ladle hot cocoa into mugs and top with whipped cream, a drizzle of additional caramel sauce and mini chocolate chips if desired.
Do you know if Rival or anyone else sells a CASSEROLE/CROCK-pot recipe Book?
I mean a recipe with breakfast’s, desserts , sides and main meals, exclusively for this 3.5 QT
RECTANGULAR (manual) crock?
I just received one for CHRISTmas and the tiny booklet from Cambell’s was Nothing to write home about.
Lady Heidi says
Off the top of my head I am not aware of a cookbook for the 3.5 quart casserole crock-pot.
We do have a few recipes for it here though and are always working on more as time allows.