Serve up these delicious and easy to make Crock-Pot Lasagna Ricotta Rolls for a dinner that will impress your family!
Slow Cooker Lasagna Ricotta Rolls
I am a tried and true pasta lover. It really doesn’t matter what kind of pasta either. Put a plate of pasta with a yummy sauce in front of me and I am a fan!
As I was looking through the pretty pictures of a magazine I spotted a rolled lasagna recipe and immediately thought to myself that I could make that in my slow cooker.
And so, I got some ingredients together and set out to give it a try.
The key to getting the pasta just right is to cook the lasagna noodles on the stove-top until they are not completely done, just al dente. You want the noodles cooked enough to be able to roll them up , but not too much that they are falling apart when you do roll them.
The rest of the recipe is easy to make, you just make a ricotta cheese mixture, roll up the lasagna noodles and bake them in your slow cooker.
The result is fantastic!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Lasagna Ricotta Rolls Recipe:
Frequently Asked Questions
If you would like to up the nutritional value of this lasagna ricotta rolls recipe you may add some spinach to the ricotta cheese mixture. Simply thaw a package of frozen chopped spinach and squeeze out any excess liquid then stir the spinach into your ricotta mixture.
You can substitute small curd cottage cheese for the ricotta cheese if you do not have ricotta cheese. You may wish to strain the cottage cheese in a fine mesh strainer to remove a little of the excess moisture as cottage cheese has more liquid than ricotta cheese.
Yes, you can use your favorite recipe for homemade marinara sauce instead of jarred marinara sauce. In fact, we have a great recipe for Homemade Marinara Sauce that you can make in your slow cooker and freeze that is perfect for recipes just like this.
More Fantastic Italian Slow Cooker Recipes!
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
Crock-Pot Lasagna Ricotta Rolls Recipe
- Cook the lasagna noodles to the al dente stage according to the directions on the package of pasta.
- Drain noodles and then rinse in cool water to stop cooking. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and the eggs until combined. Set aside.
- Take one noodle at a time and lay it out flat on the counter-top.
- Spoon one heaping spoonful of the ricotta cheese mixture onto the bottom half of each noodle and roll the noodle up around the ricotta mixture.
- Pour one jar of the marinara sauce in the bottom of a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Layer the rolled lasagna noodles in the marinara sauce until you have no more noodles left.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- One hour to 30 minutes before serving, add in the second jar of marinara sauce and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese on top.