Serve this Crock-Pot Brown Sugar Pulled Chicken in buns as sandwiches or add some of the tender shredded chicken to your salad. This easy recipe is full of flavor & can also be made into a slow cooker freezer meal so that you can pull a bag out of the freezer and just pop it into the slow cooker for dinner that night!
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pulled Chicken
If you are looking for a quick and easy slow cooker recipe that you can just pop into the slow cooker and have a tasty dinner ready in just a few hours, then look no further than this slow cooker brown sugar pulled chicken recipe.
There is just a handful of ingredients and prep time is easily 10 minutes or less as all you have to do is toss in some boneless skinless chicken breasts in the slow cooker and measure out and dump everything in the slow cooker.
Let it all cook for just 2 to 3 hours on LOW and then shred the chicken meat up to serve on buns or rolls for dinner or lunch.
I have also served this yummy pulled chicken over cooked rice (brown or white) and added to a fresh garden salad and it is just fantastic that way too.
IF there are leftovers the next day I usually pop some of the shredded chicken meat into quesadillas for lunch the next day with flour tortillas and shredded cheddar cheese. My kids go nuts over them!
But, best of all this recipe can also be made into a slow cooker freezer meal (see the note section below in the recipe card) so that you can have a quick and easy meal all prepped and ready to go into your slow cooker which is perfect for those super busy days that we all have from time to time.
- 5 Quart, 5.5 Quart, 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
Gluten Free | Low Calorie | Low Carb | Low Fat | Low Sodium | Low Sugar
This recipe for Crock-Pot Brown Sugar Pulled Chicken is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Great Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes!
- Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken
- Crock-Pot Chicken Divan
- Slow Cooker Maple Dijon Chicken
- Crock-Pot Hawaiian Haystacks
Crock-Pot Brown Sugar Pulled Chicken Recipe
- 2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce (Look For A Gluten Free Brand If You Are On A GF Diet Such As Kikkoman Gluten Free Soy Sauce)
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Paprika
- Add all ingredients to a 5 quart or larger slow cooker and toss to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 to 3 hours or chicken is cooked through.
- Using two forks, shred the meat of the chicken.
- Serve shredded chicken on buns, rolls, over rice or in salad.
- Place all ingredients into a 1 gallon size zippered freezer bag OR FoodSaver bag.
- Place bag on flat surface and seal bag closed while pressing out as much excess air as possible OR use your FoodSaver sealing system to vacuum seal the bag closed.
- Label bag with date prepared, name of recipe, ingredients and cooking instructions.
- Lay bag flat in freezer and allow to freeze for several hours. At that point you can stand the bags upright in your freezer if desired.
- Remove freezer meal bag from freezer and place either in refrigerator overnight OR in a clean kitchen sink filled with cool water for several hours just until the freezer meal is partially thawed enough to dump the contents of the bag into the slow cooker.
- Cook according to the recipe directions adding 1 additional hour cooking time (in this case 3 to 4 hours on LOW from the partially thawed state ).
Willo have to give this a try!
I’m sorry if you already answered this, but the two pounds chicken breast must be already pre-cooked before going in the crock pot yes? Because low for only two hours won’t cook the chicken… If using 2 ibs. raw chicken could you please suggest a substitute time?
You are right, 2 hours on Low does not seem like enough time to cook the chicken through.
Crock-Pot Ladies says
The recipe reads 2 to 3 hours on LOW. Because each slow cooker cooks at a different temperature we try to give a cooking time range. If 2 hours is not enough cooking time for your slow cooker, then cook it for 1 additional hour. It should be done after 3 hours on LOW for MOST slow cookers.
Can turkey be used instead? I’ve got half a bird I’ve got to freeze and use. Would rather have premarked for meals
Crock-Pot Ladies says
Hi Lori, while we have not tested this recipe using turkey instead of chicken, I think it should work. If you give it a try, be sure to come back and let us know how it turned out for you!
What is the serving size on this?
Crock-Pot Ladies says
Hi Melissa a serving size of this recipe for Crock-Pot Brown Sugar Pulled Chicken is 1/8th of the finished recipe.