A super fast, easy recipe to make Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos. Chicken, salsa and taco seasoning all in your crock and it tastes delicious! This healthy Keto diet friendly recipe is just what you need in your life because it is so easy to make AND can be made into a slow cooker freezer meal too!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
My family loves tacos and tender chicken tacos is always a popular hit in our home.
This chicken taco recipe is a quick and easy way to make shredded chicken taco meat for Taco Tuesdays or any night of the week.
On Taco Tuesdays I make up a crock full of this yummy shredded taco chicken meat in my slow cooker and then set out taco sized flour and corn tortillas that I have warmed up on a comal or cast iron skillet (you can also use taco shells but my family is not crazy about crunchy tacos). And then I set out bowls of various taco toppings.
Keto Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos:
This taco meat is also Keto diet friendly too if you use a taco seasoning mix and salsa that are keto friendly. Just watch for extra sugars and thickener when reading the labels. If you use our Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix you are good to go and there are a lot of salsas out there on the market that are ok. Skip the tortillas and taco shells and serve this taco meat inside lettuce leaves with your favorite taco toppings. Tons of options out there!
10 Easy Taco Topping Ideas:
- Cheese – Shredded cheddar, Monterey Jack or Cotija cheese.
- Avocado – Diced, sliced or turned into guacamole.
- Salsa – Homemade or store-bought.
- Hot Sauce – For those that like it spicy!
- Tomato – Diced.
- Sour Cream – Or Mexican Crema.
- Olives – Sliced black olives are always popular.
- Jalapeno Peppers – Sliced or diced they always add some spice!
- Lettuce – I just by a bag of shredded iceberg at the grocery store. Adds some nice crunch.
- Cilantro – I LOVE cilantro and for me it is a must for tacos!
Do you have a favorite taco topping not listed here? Leave a comment below and let me know!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos Recipe:
This recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Fantastic Mexican Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Crock-Pot Mexican Red Beans
- Slow Cooker Mexican Beef & Veggie Soup
- Crock-Pot Mexican Pork Stew
- Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas
- Crock-Pot Creamy Southwest Beef Burritos
Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos Recipe
- Place chicken in the bottom of a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the salsa, onions, bell peppers and taco seasoning until well mixed.
- Pour salsa mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or 4 hours on HIGH or until chicken is cooked through (165° F Or 75° C) when tested with an instant read meat thermometer.
- Shred the chicken meat with two forks.
- Serve shredded chicken inside the flour or corn tortillas (or taco shells) with your favorite taco toppings.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
- Place all ingredients into a 1 gallon size zippered freezer bag OR FoodSaver bag.
- Place bag on flat surface and seal bag closed while pressing out as much excess air as possible OR use your FoodSaver sealing system to vacuum seal the bag closed.
- Label bag with date prepared, name of recipe, ingredients and cooking instructions.
- Lay bag flat in freezer and allow to freeze for several hours. At that point you can stand the bags upright in your freezer if desired.
- Remove freezer meal bag from freezer and place either in refrigerator overnight OR in a clean kitchen sink filled with cool water for several hours just until the freezer meal is partially thawed enough to dump the contents of the bag into the slow cooker.
- Cook according to the recipe directions adding 1 additional hour cooking time (in this case 9 hours on LOW or 5 hours on HIGH from the partially thawed state ).
Nutritional information and Weight Watchers points calculated based on the recipe as written and does not include the tortillas, taco shells or any additional toppings you may decide to use.
Linked up at Couponing & Cooking