This recipe for Crock-Pot Mississippi Chicken is low carb & Keto friendly and has 5 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving! Plus it tastes fantastic & can be made into a slow cooker freezer meal!
Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken
Way back in 2017 I posted an amazing recipe for Mississippi Roast made in the slow cooker and it really is one of my favorite recipes because I just love the zing that comes from the pepperoncini peppers.
So, I decided it was time for a chicken version that is just as tasty!
And thus this delicious recipe for Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken was born combining the tangy pepperoncini peppers that I love so much with some cream cheese, butter, ranch dressing mix and au jus mix.
What I love most about this recipe (other than the flavor of course) is that it is truly one of those ‘dump and go” slow cooker recipes where you can just dump everything in the crock-pot and let it cook away.
And this is one of those recipes where when I am making one for the slow cooker for dinner tonight, I make another one as a freezer meal so that I have another dinner ready to cook any day when I am just to busy to think too much about the never ending questions of “what’s for dinner???”
Additionally this recipe actually is pretty healthy coming in at just 4 carbs per serving it is perfect for those of you who are on a low carb or keto diet. And at just 5 Weight Watchers SmartPoints it works with WW too!
I am personally working a low carb WW plan this year so this recipe is perfect!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Mississippi Chicken Recipe:
Frequently Asked Questions
This recipe can be frozen before cooking as a wonderful slow cooker freezer meal. However if you have leftover cooked chicken you can easily freeze this mixture in food safe freezer bags or containers for up to 6 months. Thaw the cooked chicken mixture overnight in the refrigerator or in the microwave for a quick and easy dinner that you just need to heat and serve.
– Bacon – Adding about a cup of chopped cooked bacon to the chicken right before serving tastes fantastic. Bacon makes everything better!
– Cheese – If you want to make this Mississippi Chicken recipe even more cheesier than it already is feel free to add some sliced cheese to your sandwiches or wraps. My favorite cheeses that pair well with this recipe are Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, Mozzarella or Cheddar Cheese. You can even stir in some shredded or grated Parmesan cheese right before serving too!
– Garlic – If you are a garlic lover like me, toss in a couple of minced garlic cloves to the chicken mixture before cooking. 1 or 2 cloves or garlic tastes fantastic but 3 or 4 are divine!
– Onion – Adding a medium sized onion that has been chopped to the chicken mixture before cooking adds another flavor dimension that is out of this world!
– Hamburger Buns – A classic look for yummy buns from the bakery department of your grocery store. If you are on a gluten free diet look for GF buns.
– Tortillas or Wraps – Wrap it up in your favorite tortilla or wrap for a portable sandwich on the go (perfect for eating in the car on a mad dash to that soccer game!). Look for gluten free wraps or low carb wraps if your diet requires them.
– Lettuce Wrap – If you are on a low carb or keto diet use lettuce leaves from such varieties as romaine lettuce or butter lettuce and make wrap and skip the bread.
– Serve over rice – Cook up some white or brown rice and put it in a bowl, spoon some of this yummy chicken mixture over top and eat! Cauliflower rice works great for those on a low carb diet.
– Scoop it up – I like to use halved mini bell peppers and scoop up the chicken mixture and eat like a dip. And of course the bell peppers are low carb!
– Straight up – Put some Mississippi Chicken in a bowl, top with cheese if desired and eat it straight from the bowl with a fork. This is how I usually eat leftovers (if there are any!) for lunch the next day!
More tasty slow cooker sandwich recipes to try:
- Blue WW Plan – 5 Points
- Green WW Plan – 7 Points
- Purple WW Plan – 5 Points