Let this smooth and creamy Crock-Pot Chicken Divan simmer away in your slow cooker for hours and then serve it over cooked egg noodles for a simple and tasty dinner that hits the spot any night of the week!
Crock-Pot Chicken Divan
Chicken Divan is one of those old fashioned recipes that is typically made as a casserole and baked in the oven. However, I decided to change things up and do a slow cooker version and let me tell you, it came out fantastic!
To make this recipe super simple I decided to use store-bought pre-grilled chicken strips from (such as Tyson brand). However, you can use cooked chicken breasts and cut them into strips or bite sized chunks.
Instead of combining the noodles in a casserole form I opted to make the chicken divan with chicken and broccoli in a creamy sauce in the slow cooker and then cook the egg noodles on the stove-top and serve the chicken divan over top.
This recipe was a huge hit with my family and one I will make time and time again!
- Pre-Cooked Grilled Chicken Breasts – I used Tyson Grilled And Ready Chicken. However you can use any pre-cooked chicken breast either something you baked or poached or store-bought cooked chicken.
- Yellow Onion – Peeled and diced
- Canned Cream Of Chicken Soup – You can use reduced fat cream of chicken soup or the regular kind. You will just need the condensed soup straight from the can without the added water that is called for on the instructions on the can.
- Mayonnaise – You can use reduced fat mayo or regular mayo.
- All-Purpose Flour – Flour will act as a thickener for the sauce while it cooks.
- Frozen Broccoli Florets
- Chopped Celery
- Lemon Juice – I prefer to use freshly squeezed lemon juice but in a pinch bottled lemon juice works too. This little bit of lemon juice brightens up the flavor in this otherwise rich dish.
- Egg Noodles – The noodles in this recipe are not cooked in the slow cooker. But instead are cooked on the stove-top right before serving. This prevents mushy noodles.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together all of the ingredients except for the egg noodles.
- Pour into lightly greased 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours.
- Right before serving, cook the egg noodles on the stove-top according to the directions on the package.
- Drain noodles and serve chicken divan spooned over the noodles.
- 6 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Cutting Board
- Can Opener
- Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Large Stock Pot (For Cooking The Noodles)
- Colander (For Straining The Cooked Noodles)
More Fantastic Chicken Recipes For Your Slow Cooker!
- Crock-Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Slow Cooker Italian Chicken with Potatoes
- Crock-Pot Favorite Creamy Dressing Chicken Bake
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken And Summer Squash
- Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
|Chicken Crock-Pot Recipes||Broccoli Slow Cooker Recipes|
|American Slow Cooker Recipes||Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes|
|Back To School Crock-Pot Recipes||6 Quart Slow Cooker Recipes|
Linked up at Little House on the Prairie Living.