This is a basic recipe to make your puree. This puree can be used as a “secret ingredient” in food or can be used as baby food. For baby food, I recommend using ice cube trays and freezing them. One ice cube, one serving.
|Crock-Pot Basic Pumpkin Puree||
- Pumpkin (skin peeled, seeds removed, cut into chunks)
- Wash the outside of the pumpkin to remove any dirt.
- Cut Pumpkin in half and remove the seeds and spaghetti like insides (large spoon works nicely)
- Cut away the outside skin and then large chunk the pumpkin.
- Place pumpkin chunks in crock-pot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours until pumpkin is soft.
- Remove pumpkin and puree in a blender.
- Freeze in portion size containers.