This turned out light and tasty. Do not use waxed paper to line your crock-pot. The waxed paper actually sticks to the bottom of this. Using spray oil is important. The foil will still stick, but not as bad as the waxed paper did.
Crock-Pot Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
7 Cups Bread, sliced into small pieces
3 Large Eggs
1/3 Cup Light-Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
2 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
1 Cup Pecans, chopped
- In a small bowl, melt the butter.
- Add the bread pieces to the butter and toss well.
- In a large bowl, Mix the corn syrup, white sugar, light-brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon and eggs
- Add the pecan pieces into the large bowl containing the corn syrup/sugar mixture and stir.
- Now add the bread into this mixture and mix well.
- Line a crock-pot with foil on the bottom.
- Spray oil the foil well.
- Pour the bread pudding mixture into the crock-pot.
- Cook with the lid on on high for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove from crock-pot.
Linked up at: Heavenly Treats Sunday Link Party |