This recipe for Crock-Pot Pecan Pie Bread Pudding combines the delicious flavors of a pecan pie with the warmth of a homemade bread pudding. A great slow cooker dessert that tastes amazing and everyone will come back for seconds for!
Slow Cooker Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
Nothing says comfort food to me more than a good bread pudding. So I decided to make up a bread pudding that is full of delicious southern pecans. A combination of pecan pie and bread pudding if you will.
This is the perfect recipe to make when you have a loaf of day-old bread that you need to use up. Sometimes I get so excited when I smell the fresh baked bread in the bakery department that I cannot help myself and I buy a couple. Then, a few days later I find myself needing to hurry up and use that bread up before it goes bad.
In this bread pudding recipe I combined the yummy flavors of pecan pie (pecans, brown sugar and corn syrup) for that classic dessert flavor. And chunks or cubes of day-old bread, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon round out the bread pudding flavors.
This would make for a great holiday dessert or just for a day when you are craving something a little sweet and have bread you need to use up!
- 6 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Cutting Board
- Bread Knife
- Mixing Bowls
- Wooden Spoon
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Measuring Cups And Spoons
More Slow Cooker Bread Pudding Recipes!
- Crock-Pot Peach Bread Pudding
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Praline Bread Pudding
- Crock-Pot Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Crock-Pot Lemon Blueberry Bagel Bread Pudding
Crock-Pot Pecan Pie Bread Pudding Recipe
- 7 Cups Stale Bread (Cubed)
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 3 Large Eggs
- ⅓ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- Add the bread cubes to a large mixing bowl and toss in the melted butter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, corn syrup, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon until well mixed.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Mix in the bread cubes and stir until all the bread is coated in the egg mixture.
- Spray a 6 quart or larger slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the bread pudding mixture into the prepared slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 to 2 hours or until the bread pudding is set in the middle.
- Turn slow cooker to OFF and spoon warm bread pudding into bowls topping with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired before serving.
looks good, going to try it.
Thanks Katie!!! You rock awesome recipe! Please keep it comin! I’ll definitely spread the word! I LOVE ANYTHING PECANS!:)
Ben from http://www.crockpotking.com
I was wondering if you could use those slow cooker liners instead of the foil? I used them for other recipes and they work great but I have not used them for anything that sticky.
Lady Katie says
I have not used a liner on a sticky item like this. I am sure it would work, but I wonder how hard it would be to remove it from the bad when it is done.
Can you recommend a substitution for that yucky corn syrup? Otherwise this sounds like a really great recipe.
Emilee Prenevost says
You could try mixing 1 Tbs of flour mixed with 4-5Tbs melted butter, then mixing that into the pudding mixture before the bread cubes are added. This recipe hasn’t been tested using that as a substitute though. If you try it, please let us know how it turns out! Thanks!
I didn’t like how this turned out. It was more like monkey bread than a cohesive bread pudding. My company was very polite and said that it tasted good. One lady wondered if it should have had milk in it. I don’t think I will make it again.