This recipe, Lemonade Chicken, is included in our Crock-Pot 10 Easy Freezer Meals. If you are coming to this page first and are interested in doing freezer meals, start here. This recipe does NOT have to be frozen first, if you are wanting to do this recipe by itself, then stay on this page and we will go from here.
This Lemonade Chicken recipe makes a very tart flavored chicken. I was actually a bit surprised with the taste. The Rice and Green Beans was a great addition. The Lemonade concentrate almost caramelized the chicken, if I was to change anything next time would be to cook it a bit less.
Crock-Pot Lemonade Chicken
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Can (6 oz) Frozen Lemonade Thawed
1 Tablespoons Vinegar
3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1/4th Cup Ketchup
4 Cups of Rice (Cook on Stove Top or Rice Cooker)
- You can spray with pam to help keep the chicken from sticking to the crock.
- Place Chicken at Bottom of the crock.
- In a bowl mix all other ingredients except rice and then pour over chicken.
- Do not cook rice in crock..wait till it’s nearly done and cook on your stove top or rice cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Add Salt and Pepper when serving to help garnish.
I did not thaw the lemonade for this recipe.
Place chicken and all other ingredients except the rice right into the freezer ziploc gallon bag and mushed it around a bit, knowing I’ll have to mix it a bit better when I thaw it due to the lemonade.
I then laid it down on the counter, pushed out as much air as possible and laid it flat in my freezer.
Follow directions above once your ziploc bag is thawed.
If you enjoyed this post please share it!