A unique ham recipe for your Easter Sunday or just a nice Sunday Dinner.
Crock-Pot Apple Cider Ham
1 Bone In Ham (I would suggest not smoked)
Apple Cider, At least a half Gallon
3/4th Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Maple Syrup
1 Orange Quartered
1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Ground Nutmeg
2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Place Ham into Crock-Pot.
- In Liquid Measuring Cup measure 2 cups of apple cider and ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour over Ham, saving measuring cup for more apple cider to come.
- Place cut up orange quarters in crock pot on sides of ham.
- Pack as much of the Brown Sugar as you can into the top of the Ham.
- If the Ham is presliced you can pack some of it into the slices as well.
- Carefully pour approximately 1 cup of maple syrup over the brown sugar, trying carefully to not lose the brown sugar into the apple cider.
- You will then use your liquid measuring cup and refill with apple cider in till just the top of the ham is uncovered (I added approximately 4 more cups, play it by ear).
- You don’t want to cover all of the maple syrup and brown sugar other then if you have short ends of the ham.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Or high for approximately 3 hours
- Be sure to check the temperature with your meat thermometer.
- I used tongs to remove.
- And then use the juices to baste immediately to keep moist
The amount of servings will really depend on the size of ham, I left that open as it really doesn’t matter what size you get as long as it fits your crock.
It wont’ necessarily take you 6 hours to cook yours (as long as it’s precooked,) if you have a older crock, please watch and take a temp of it before you eat it (older crocks do not cook as hot as newer crocks). If your ham is not precooked, it will take the entire time and possibly longer.
I only used about a half gallon of cider, it ended up being more cost effect to purchase the whole gallon, and I got a better quality brand that way.
Don’t make the mistake and purchase apple cider vinegar..yucko..It’s apple cider the drink LOL..
If you enjoyed this post please share it!