Finally finished my bag of apples with just plain old applesauce. But it is homemade and I know what is in it!. Remember sugar to your taste. This recipe netted me 10 Jelly Jars of applesauce. One isn’t in the pictures as it was given to a friend!
- 14 Red Delicious Apples (cut, cored or just whole)
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- Add Apples to 6-qt crock-pot.
- Add 1/2 cup water to apples.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Using a food mill, run the apples thru them to make a puree. If no foodmill, Puree in a blender.
- Add mixture back to crock-pot.
- Add sugar to taste. Some apples have a different sugar level, you should add a little sugar, taste and then add more if needed.
- Add Cinnamon and stir.
- Cook another 4 hours on low.
- Add mixture to glass canning jars, add seals and lids and heat seal.
- Add a pretty label.