This healthy and easy recipe for Crock-Pot Cranberry Applesauce could not be better. With just 2 ingredients and a slow cooker it takes no time at all!
Slow Cooker Cranberry Applesauce
Applesauce is pretty much a a staple in our household. It is one of my kids favorites as a snack or as a quick side dish for lunch or dinner. My oldest daughter Hannah is the Queen of Tart in our household. She LOVES anything sour. You should taste the cranberry sorbet she made the other day. I thought my brain puckered when I tasted it!
So, I made this cranberry applesauce recipe with her in mind and did not add any additional sugar to it. It is tart but not TOO tart. If tart is not your thing, go ahead and add some sugar to your tasting near the end of cooking. Just taste, sweeten a little at time with some sugar, honey, Splenda or your sweetener of choice and keep on tasting until you find your desired sweetness.
If you like things on the tart side, leave the sugar out and you will be a happy camper.
I just tossed this applesauce into freezer containers and put one in the fridge for eating now and one in the freezer for later.
If you would like to can this applesauce into jars for long term shelf stable storage fill sterilized quart or pint canning jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Process in a water bath canner in boiling water for 15 minutes for pint jars or 20 minutes for quart jars adjusting your time if you are above sea level.
I think this cranberry apple sauce would make for a great and EASY addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas table!
More Yummy Side Dishes!
- Crock-Pot Funeral Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Medley
- Crock-Pot Beanie Weenies
- Slow Cooker Fresh Zucchini Casserole
- Crock-Pot Creamy Ranch & Garlic Potatoes
- Canning Crock-Pot Recipes
- Christmas Slow Cooker Recipes
- Fall Slow Cooker Recipes
- Thanksgiving Crock-Pot Recipes
Crock-Pot Cranberry Applesauce Recipe
- 10 whole Apples (such as golden delicious)
- 12 ounces Fresh Cranberries
- Peel, core and roughly chop apples and place in a 5 to 6 quart crockpot.
- Rinse and drain cranberries and add to apples and stir to combine.
- Cover crock-pot and cook on LOW for 4 - 6 hours or until everything is cooked and saucy.
- Add sweetener of your choice if desired, a little at a time and taste until you get the sweetness you want.
- For a chunky applesauce leave as is or blend in a blender or with a stick blender for a smoother consistency.