This healthy and easy recipe for Crock-Pot Cranberry Applesauce could not be better. With just 2 ingredients and a slow cooker it takes no time at all!
Slow Cooker Cranberry Applesauce
Applesauce is pretty much a a staple in our household. It is one of my kids favorites as a snack or as a quick side dish for lunch or dinner. My oldest son Joel is the “King of Tart” in our household. He LOVES anything sour. You should taste the cranberry sorbet he made the other day. I thought my brain puckered when I tasted it!
So, I made this cranberry applesauce recipe with him in mind and did not add any additional sugar to it. It is tart but not TOO tart. If tart is not your thing, go ahead and add some sugar to your tasting near the end of cooking. Just taste, sweeten a little at time with some sugar, honey, Splenda or your sweetener of choice and keep on tasting until you find your desired sweetness.
If you like things on the tart side, leave the sugar out and you will be a happy camper.
I just tossed this applesauce into freezer containers and put one in the fridge for eating now and one in the freezer for later.
If you would like to can this applesauce into jars for long term shelf stable storage fill sterilized quart or pint canning jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Process in a water bath canner in boiling water for 15 minutes for pint jars or 20 minutes for quart jars adjusting your time if you are above sea level.
I think this cranberry apple sauce would make for a great and EASY addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas table!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Cranberry Applesauce is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Crock-Pot Cranberry Recipes!
- 3 Ingredients Or Less Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5 Ingredients Or Less Crock-Pot Recipes
- 10 Ingredients Or Less Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Christmas Crock-Pot Recipes
- Crock-Pot Canning Recipes
- Crock-Pot Side Dish Recipes
- Crock-Pot Weight Watchers Recipes With 5 Ingredients Or Less
- Fall Crock-Pot Recipes
- Thanksgiving Crock-Pot Recipes
Crock-Pot Cranberry Applesauce Recipe
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot to 6 quart slow cooker
- Peel, core and roughly chop apples and place in a 5 to 6 quart crockpot.10 Medium Apples
- Rinse and drain cranberries and add to apples and stir to combine.12 Ounces Fresh Cranberries
- Cover crock-pot and cook on LOW for 4 – 6 hours or until everything is cooked and saucy.
- Add sweetener of your choice if desired, a little at a time and taste until you get the sweetness you want.
- For a chunky applesauce leave as is or blend in a blender or with a stick blender for a smoother consistency.