Is your summer garden bursting at the seams with fresh zucchini? Make this recipe for Crock-Pot Fresh Zucchini Casserole to use up some of that garden (or farmer’s market) abundance. Full of healthy vegetables and taste great this easy slow cooker recipe is a winner every time!
Crock-Pot Fresh Zucchini Casserole
It’s the time of year….fresh veggies from the garden! It’s also that time of year where you have a plethora of zucchini and squash and need a recipe to use them up before your inundated on your counter with them. This recipe for Crock-Pot Fresh Zucchini Casserole is super easy to make if your needing such a recipe!
This casserole is filled with yummy vegetables, a creamy sauce and then topped with a crispy crust made from stuffing mix (like Stove Top Savory Herb) and it is just delicious. You can serve this as as side dish or as a meatless main dish.
You can use all zucchini squash or yellow summer squash or…a combination of the two.
And while zucchini is an abundant vegetable in most summer vegetable gardens they are also pretty easy to find year-round in most grocery stores.
This recipe is one of my families favorites and I hope you and your family will enjoy it too!
- Zucchini – Washed and thinly sliced. You can also use yellow summer squash.
- Yellow Onion – Peeled and diced.
- Carrots – Peeled and shredded. You can either shred/grate your own carrots or even use the pre-shredded carrots found in many grocery stores in the produce section.
- Canned Cream Of Celery Soup – You can also use cream of chicken soup if you don’t like cream of celery.
- Sour Cream
- Herb Seasoned Stuffing Mix – I used Stove-Top brand
- All-Purpose Flour
- Unsalted Butter – Melted.
- Add the zucchini, onion, carrots and canned soup to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Stir together the sour cream and the flour in a small mixing bowl and add it to the vegetables, tossing to coat.
- In another mixing bowl toss the melted butter with the stuffing mix.
- Evenly spread half of the stuffing mix in to the bottom of a 5 quart or larger slow cooker (or a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker).
- Add the sauce coated vegetables evenly on top of the stuffing.
- Evenly spread the remaining stuffing mixture over the top of the vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- 5 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger) OR 3.5 Quart Casserole Slow Cooker
- Cutting Board
- Can Opener
- Measuring Cups
More Tasty Slow Cooker Casserole Recipes To Try!
- Crock-Pot Biscuit Breakfast Casserole + Video
- Slow Cooker Funeral Potatoes
- Crock-Pot Chicken Brushetta Bake
- Slow Cooker Reuben Casserole
- Crock-Pot Upside Down Taco Pie
|Casserole Crock-Pot Recipes||American Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Zucchini Slow Cooker Recipes||Side Dish Crock-Pot Recipes|
|Summer Crock-Pot Recipes||Spring Slow Cooker Recipes|
Linked up at the following link parties: The Weekend Social