Crock-Pot Coconut Banana Bread – If you love coconut then you are going to have to try this recipe for Crock-Pot Coconut Banana Bread. We love making quick breads in our slow cooker because it doesn’t heat up the kitchen!
Slow Cooker Coconut Banana Bread
I made this loaf of coconut banana bread in my slow cooker with the sole intention of not having to share it with my kids.
I know…mean mom!
But the reality is my kids don’t like coconut and I do!
I love making quick breads in my slow cooker for so many reasons.
- No need to heat up the whole house like you do when you bake in your oven.
- No rush to take the bread out of the oven when the timer goes off…bread baked in your crock-pot is a little bit forgiving if you are busy doing something else when the cooking time is done. I mean 5 – 10 minutes is not going to burn the bread!
- The bread comes out moist. Yep, slow cooker cooking is a moist cooking environment so your bread comes out of the crock-pot without the risk of being dry!
But enough about me raving about why I love cooking breads in the slow cooker…let’s talk about this recipe!
If you like the combination of banana, coconut and chocolate you are going to LOVE this recipe. The bread is a basic banana quick bread recipe with the addition of some shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
If you don’t like coconut… omit it.
Chocolate isn’t your thing… omit it.
If you want to add some nuts… go for it.
Sliced almonds, walnuts or pecans would be amazing!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Coconut Banana Bread Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Loaf Pan
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer
- Wooden Spoon
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Baking Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Slow Cooker Baking Rack OR Aluminum Foil
- Paper Towels OR Kitchen Towel
Can I Make This Bread Gluten Free?
This recipe can easily be made gluten free using a flour substitute such as Cup For Cup Gluten Free Flour or King Arthur Measure For Measure Gluten Free Flour. As with any recipe if you are gluten sensitive please read the ingredients list for all ingredients you use in a recipe to make sure there is no hidden gluten.
Can I Bake This Bread In A Regular Oven?
While we have not tested this recipe in a traditional oven (this site focuses only on slow cooker recipes) you should be able to bake this bread in the oven. Using a traditional banana bread recipes as a guide I would say you can bake this bread in a 325° F pre-heated oven for about 1 hour.
If I Wanted To Add Nuts To This Recipe, How Much Should I Add.
You can easily add anywhere up to 1 cup of chopped nuts such as walnuts, pecans or almonds to this recipe.
More Fantastic Slow Cooker Breads!
- Crock-Pot Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread
- Slow Cooker Irish Soda Bread
- Crock-Pot Nutella Banana Bread
- Slow Cooker Nutella Banana Bread
- Crock-Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Bread
|Bread Crock-Pot Recipes||American Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Banana Slow Cooker Recipes||Chocolate Crock-Pot Recipes|
|6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes||Easter Slow Cooker Recipes|