This recipe for Crock-Pot Turkey Bolognese Sauce is full of deep Italian flavors and is healthy too. A fabulous zero point Weight Watchers recipe brimming with ground turkey and vegetables this thick and hearty pasta sauce is perfect for those on any diet!
Slow Cooker Turkey Bolognese Sauce
Since starting Weight Watchers in December of 2017 I have really been looking for ways to include extra lean ground turkey (99% fat free) in my diet to replace ground beef. The reason being, it has zero SmartPoints on the FreeStyle plan. Which means I can basically have as much as I want and I don’t have to count the points!
I also really like to make big batches of food and stash them away in my freezer so that I am able to just grab something that is zero to low points, heat it up and have something for dinner rather quickly instead of being lured into the temptation of fast food or ordering pizza on crazy busy nights.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Turkey Bolognese Sauce is great because it is zero points and it makes a big batch of sauce (18 cups) so that I can have it over pasta one night and throw the rest in freezer containers for later meals.
So far I have used this sauce over low carb pasta, zoodles (AKA zucchini noodles) and in my Crock-Pot Layered Lasagna Casserole. And I am planning on making up some spaghetti squash in my slow cooker soon and eating it that way too!
Give it a try and let me know what you serve this sauce with!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Turkey Bolognese Sauce Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Cutting Board
- Large Non-Stick Skillet
- Can Opener
- Measuring Spoons
This recipe for Crock-Pot Turkey Bolognese Sauce is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Tasty Crockpot Italian Recipes!
- Crock-Pot Tuscan Chicken Thighs
- Slow Cooker Manicotti
- Crock-Pot Parmesan Spaghetti Squash
- Slow Cooker Ravioli Casserole
- Crock-Pot Marsala Beef + Video
Crock-Pot Turkey Bolognese Sauce Recipe
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Peeled And Diced Small)
- 2 Medium Carrots (Peeled And Diced Small)
- 2 Ribs Celery (Diced Small)
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper (Seeded And Diced Small)
- 3 – 4 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 3 Pounds Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 6 Ounces Canned Tomato Paste
- 56 Ounces Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Teaspoons Fennel Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 2 Teaspoons Granulated Sugar
- Prepare all of the vegetables (onion, carrots, celery, red bell pepper and garlic) and have them ready.
- In a large non-stick skillet add the diced onions, carrots and celery and saute them over medium-high heat on the stove-top until the onion just starts to turn golden brown.
- Add the diced red bell pepper and minced onion to the pan and cook for an additional 5 minutes or so.
- Add the ground turkey to the pan and cook and crumble the turkey into small pieces but not too small. Cook until the turkey is no longer pink.
- Dump the contents of the skillet into a 6 quart or larger slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until the carrots in the sauce are very tender.
- Serve a portion of the sauce over your favorite pasta, spaghetti squash or zoodles and freeze the remaining sauce in freezer containers for up to 6 months.