Warm up with a bowl of chili that has the heartiness of steak and a touch of sweetness with dried cherries. Crock-Pot Steak & Cherry Chili is kid friendly!
Crock-Pot Steak & Cherry Chili
Cherries in chili? Don’t let the name fool you this chili is amazing! This recipe was inspired by a local restaurant who has some amazing food here in my local town (if you are ever in Gillette Wyoming stop by The Prime Rib, I recommend their house salad with an amazing almond honey vinaigrette, their Monte Cristo sandwich or their Cajun Shrimp Tortellini. They are also known for their beef and extensive wine list). Last summer my mother was visiting from California and I took her out to lunch at this restaurant, just us two, girl time, no kids, no husband it was bliss. We were given the option for soup or salad, I choose the soup and my mother asked what the soup of the day was and we were told it was cherry chili. The waitress offered to bring a sample out and so we tasted it and my mom ordered it. It was SO good. I don’t eat out very often (must.stay.on.budget.) but I have been back a couple of times and this chili was never the soup of the day. Bummer. So I had to recreate it, just had to. And here it is this amazing chili with steak and dried cherries. This is a very kid friendly chili recipe because there is that touch of sweetness to it, and it is filled with beans and veggies to make it healthy. I used a nice lean steak because it is cooking all day the long cook time allows for tender bites of meat without the extra fat like you would need in a steak for grilling. Also this recipe is not spicy at all. I have small children to cook for, so even though I would have liked it a little spicier I was cooking this as a family meal. If you like it spicy feel free to add some more cayenne pepper or even some diced jalapeno to the pot.
More Tasty Crock-Pot Recipes To Try!
- Crock-Pot Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Chili
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup
- Crock-Pot Cabbage Roll Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Crock-Pot Hearty Beef and Mushroom Soup
- Amazing Crock-Pot Chili Recipes
- Beef Crock-Pot Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- Winter Recipes
Crock-Pot Steak & Cherry Chili Recipe
- 1 Pound Dry Pinto Beans (pre-cooked or use six 15.5 oz. cans of beans)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (peeled and diced)
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 ½ Pounds Steak (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 29 Ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes (with the juice)
- 24 Ounces Canned Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ¼ Cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 6 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 6 Ounces Dried Cherries
- Combine all prepared ingredients in a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.1 Pound Dry Pinto Beans -1 Medium Yellow Onion -1 Medium Green Bell Pepper -1 Medium Red Bell Pepper -1 ½ Pounds Steak -29 Ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes -24 Ounces Canned Tomato Sauce -2 Tablespoons Chili Powder -½ Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper -1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin -¼ Cup Worcestershire Sauce -6 Cloves Garlic -6 Ounces Dried Cherries
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours.