Learn how to make Crock-Pot Seafood Bisque with this easy recipe. A gourmet soup featuring shrimp and crab in every bite!
Slow Cooker Seafood Bisque
I love a good bisque soup. This rich and creamy French soup features shrimp and crab in a rich and creamy broth that is seasoned just right with shallots, garlic, tomatoes, Old Bay seasoning and then enriched with a little white wine and cream.
Much like our Crock-Pot Lobster Bisque recipe this recipe FEELS super fancy and gourmet. But don’t let the idea of this soup fool you. It comes together rather quickly and the end result is fantastic!
You can opt to leave this creamy soup chunky or blend it into creamy perfection.
I like to pull out a cup or so of the cooked shrimp and crab meat, blend the rest and then add back in the seafood I pulled out. This gives me the best of both worlds…creamy soup with little bites of tender shrimp and crab.
To serve put out some crusty French bread, ladle the hot soup into bowls and if you want garnish your bowls with some parsley and a dollop of crème fraîche.
Ohh la la…perfection!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Seafood Bisque Recipe:
- 5 Quart, 5.5 Quart, 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Cutting Board
- Medium Skillet
- Wooden Spoon
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Can Opener
- Immersion Blender OR Blender
More Tasty Crockpot Soups To Try!
Crock-Pot Seafood Bisque Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Medium Shallots (Peeled And Diced)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Peeled And Minced)
- 4 Cups Seafood Stock
- 14 Ounces Canned Petite Diced Tomatoes (Undrained)
- ⅓ Cup Tomato Paste
- 2 Teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ Cup Dry White Wine (Or Water Mixed With 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar If Alchol Free)
- ¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Pound Shrimp (Peeled, Deveined And Roughly Chopped)
- 8 Ounces Lump Crab Meat (Picked Through)
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat on the stove top.
- Add the diced shallots and minced garlic and saute until tender and translucent. About 10 minutes.
- Add the shallot mixture to the base of a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add the seafood stock, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, Old Bay seasoning, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the heavy whipping cream, white whine and all-purpose flour until there are no lumps. Stir this mixture into the slow cooker until well combined.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 4 hours or 2 hours on HIGH.
- Add the chopped shrimp and lump crab meat to the slow cooker, cover and continue to cook for an addtional 30 to 45 minutes on HIGH or until the shrimp is pink and cooked throughout.
- At this point you can eat the soup as is (chunky) or puree the soup using an immersion blender right in the slow cooker or carefully pour the soup into the cup of a blender.
- Ladle hot soup into bowls, garnishing with parsley and crème fraîche (if desired) and enjoy!