Your family is going to love the cinnamon & cloves flavor in this Crock-Pot Homemade Chunky Applesauce! Serve warm or chilled for a great side dish or dessert!
Slow Cooker Homemade Chunky Applesauce
Do you want your house to smell AMAZING? Do you also want a yummy treat that you can serve your family?
Then you HAVE to make this chunky homemade applesauce in your slow cooker!
4 simple ingredients – apples, sugar (your choice on what kind…you can even use honey), cinnamon and cloves are tossed in your slow cooker with a little bit of water. Everything is allowed to cook and simmer until the apples are nice and tender.
You then give your applesauce a smash-down with a potato masher until you like how chunky your applesauce is.
And while all that is happening…your house smells better than any apple-cinnamon candle you could ever burn.
Serve the applesauce as a side dish (it goes great with pork). Or as a dessert or snack. You can eat it warm (YUM) or let it chill in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
You can spoon it into individual serving size cups and pack it away in the kids school lunches too.
Love this recipe and I hope you will too!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Homemade Chunky Applesauce Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Cutting Board
- Vegetable Peeler
- Apple Corer
- Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Potato Masher
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use just about any variety of apples to make applesauce. In fact you can even mix several varieties together to get different flavors that meld together. I like to use a combination of tarts apples like Granny Smith along with some sweet apples like Golden Delicious or Gala.
For more information check out our Guide To Picking The Best Apples.
If you want to add some additional flavor to your chunky applesauce try adding 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and/or allspice along with the cinnamon and cloves called for in this recipe.
If you want to make this applesauce without adding any additional sugar simply omit the sugar/honey called for in the recipe. Then taste the applesauce once cooked and if you want to make it a little sweeter add in a little bit of your preferred non-sugar sweetener (Splenda, Stevia, Monk Fruit, etc.) until it is to your liking.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Homemade Chunky Applesauce is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Yummy Apple Crockpot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Back To School Slow Cooker Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Winter Recipes
Crock-Pot Homemade Chunky Applesauce Recipe
- Add all ingredients to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours, then turn down to LOW and cook for 4 to 6 hours or until apples are tender.
- Use a potato masher to mash the apples into your desired consistency.
- Taste for desired sweetness. If necessary, stir in more sugar or honey while the applesauce is still warm. Adding in small increments until desired sweetness is reached.
- Serve warm or spoon into jars or containers and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Crock-Pot Express Pressure Cooker Instructions:
- Add all ingredients into the insert of a 6 quart or larger Crock-Pot Express Multi-Cooker.
- Close and lock the lid, turning the steam release valve to closed. Press STEAM and adjust the time down to 5 minutes (HIGH pressure.) Press Start/Stop.
- When the cook cycle has ended, allow a natural pressure release for 10 minutes and then open the the steam release valve to remove any remaining pressure in the pot.
- Open and stir the mixture, use a potato masher to mash into your desired constancy.
- Taste for desired sweetness. If necessary, stir in more honey or sugar while it's still warm in the pot. Add in small increments until desired sweetness is reached.
- Serve warm or scoop into jars and refrigerate.