A quick and easy dessert recipe, this Crock-Pot Strawberry Apple Crumble is easy to make and absolutely delicious!
Slow Cooker Strawberry Apple Crumble
There is nothing better than fresh strawberries in the summer. Their sweet flavor just screams summer to me more than any other fruit. So when I picked up some fresh strawberries from the farmer’s market this week I knew they would be perfect in a slow cooker dessert.
At first I thought I would make just a strawberry crumble in my slow cooker. But when I tried it with just strawberries the finished fruit part ended up tasting too much like strawberry jam.
So back to the kitchen for more testing.
The second go-around I decided to add some apples with the strawberries to add some nice texture. And, because I used Granny Smith apples they also added some tartness which was PERFECT.
I decided to call this recipe a “crumble” because the topping isn’t going to 100% cover your fruit and it isn’t completely crispy. But it is still oh so good!
For serving I just whipped up some fresh heavy whipping cream and spooned a dollop on each serving before handing out plates to my family.
They ate it up and loved it.
I hope your family does too!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Strawberry Apple Crumble Recipe:
- 5 Quart, 5.5 Quart, 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Vegetable Peeler
- Apple Corer
- Cutting Board
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Paper Towels OR Flour Sack Kitchen Towel
Frequently Asked Questions
There are several varieties of apples that hold up well in baking recipes such as this one. Head on over to our Guide To Picking The Best Apples for other suggestions of apple varieties that would work in this recipe.
This recipe was tested using fresh strawberries but we believe that fresh raspberries or blackberries would work as well. If you give this recipe using other types of berries be sure to come back here and leave a comment and let us know how it turned out for you.
If you would like to make this recipe dairy free you can substitute a dairy-free butter for the unsalted butter that is called for in this recipe. We have indeed tested this recipe using a soy based vegan butter and it turned out great. There are also dairy free whipped toppings and ice creams that you can serve with your apple strawberry crumble that taste great!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Homemade Chicken Broth is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Great Apple Crockpot Recipes To Try!
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Summer Recipes
Crock-Pot Strawberry Apple Crumble Recipe
- Add apples and strawberries to the bottom of a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Sprinkle fruit with lemon juice and vanilla and toss to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats and cinnamon.
- Add melted butter to the oat mixture and mix until all the dry ingredients are coated in the butter.
- Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over the top of the fruit mixture in the slow cooker.
- Place a layer of paper towels or a clean flour sack kitchen towel between the lid and slow cooker insert to prevent condensation from dipping on your crumble while it bakes.
- Place the handle of a wooden spoon (or something similar) under the lid to prop it open slightly to allow steam to escape.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Linked up at the Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange!