These delicious little Crock-Pot Bacon Wrapped Lit’l Smokies are the perfect combination of salty and sweet and make a great appetizer for your next party or get-together!
Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped Lit’l Smokies
I attended a New Year’s Eve Party this year. Each guest brought their own side dish. There was loads of good foods at this party, everything from dips, meatballs, brownies, cheese balls, sandwiches and then there was the bacon wrapped Lit’l Smokies! I had never had these but needed to find out if what they say is true about everything is better with bacon.
It was true!
Everything IS better with bacon!
I kind of gorged myself on these little pork beauties. Bacon and sausages! All in a bite size package.
Of course I had to make them. Super Bowl parties are approaching!
You can decide how you want to make them. I have seen them made with toothpicks in them as they cook, but these had no toothpicks and the bacon was still wrapped around the Lit’l Smokies.
I wrapped my bacon around the Lit’l Smokie and then stacked them in the crock-pot. Make sure to put the side with the “open end” of the bacon down when stacking, this will keep the bacon from unwrapping. When the bacon cooked, it of course shrank in size which made it form around the Lit’l Smokie. The brown sugar also helped the bacon stay on the Lit’l Smokie and added just the perfect amount of sweetness to these little nuggets of meat!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Bacon Wrapped Lit’l Smokies Recipe:
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use any type of Little Smokies Cocktail Sausages. For this recipe I choose to use the pork variety but I have made this with the all beef variety too and it comes out great.
Try these flavors too for something a little different:
– Tajín Chili Lime Lit’l Smokies
– Cheddar and Bacon Lit’l Smokies
– Lit’l Polskas
– Cheddar and Jalapeño Lit’l Smokies
– Lit’l Wieners
– Cheddar Lit’l Smokies
– Turkey Lit’l Smokies
If you want to set out a couple of sauces for dipping these bacon wrapped meaty nuggets try putting out some small bowls of your favorite BBQ sauce and a few varieties of mustard.
Food is safe to keep on the WARM setting for up to 4 hours. Be sure to check out our FAQ for more Crock-Pot tips.
Check Out These Crockpot Appetizers Too!
- 3 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 3.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 4.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Christmas Recipes
- Easter Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Spring Recipes
- Summer Recipes
- Thanksgiving Recipes
- Pork Crock-Pot Recipes
- Ultimate Collection Of Game Day Crock-Pot Recipes
- Winter Recipes
Crock-Pot Bacon Wrapped Lit'l Smokies Recipe
- Using a knife or scissors, cut each slice of bacon into 3 pieces.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around a Little Smokie Sausage.
- Place the sausage with the open end down and stack in in a 3 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top of the bacon wrapped sausages between each layer.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- If necessary move the Lil' Smokies around to allow the top layer to cook.
- Switch slow cooker to the WARM setting to keep them warm while serving.