Crock-Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Bread
2 Cups Pumpkin Puree (or 15 oz can pumpkin)
2 1/4 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
1 8oz Cream Cheese, room temperature
1 Egg Yolk (just the yolk)
5 Tablespoons White Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a bowl, mix pumpkin puree, vegetable oil and sugar together.
- Mix well.
- Add the 2 eggs, one at a time mixing well after each egg.
- Add pumpkin pie spice and the 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla and mix well.
- Next add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper to the liquid.
- Add all the dry ingredients in and then mix well.
- You will need a well greased bread pan that fits into your crock-pot.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the pan. Set aside.
- Next add the cheesecake topping ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add the cheesecake mixture to the top of the pumpkin bread mixture.
- You want it as evenly as possible on top.
- Set the pan on the bottom of the inside of the crock-pot.
- Cook on low for 3 hours.
- The bread with be moist when done.
- Remove baking pan from crock-pot and let bread set until cooled.
- Any leftovers should be refrigerated.
- Recipe makes two breads.
This is a bread but it is more like pie!! Of the two I made, I was left with a piece that was just enough to pop in your mouth. Everyone ate it all gone!!
This is how the mixture should look when putting it in the crock-pot