Shredded zucchini is featured in this cheesy Crock-Pot Zucchini Casserole recipe. A yummy Italian flavored side dish that pairs well with any main dish!
Crock-Pot Zucchini Casserole
Are you looking for a great side dish recipe that uses up some of the over abundance of fresh zucchini from your garden? Look no further than this cheesy zucchini casserole that is made right in your slow cooker!
Grated fresh zucchini is combined with a little bit of onion, garlic and Parmesan cheese and a couple of eggs act as a binder to hold the whole thing together.
Then a mixture of panko bread crumbs, and more cheese is added to the top to give it that perfect casserole topping!
The end result is a yummy side dish casserole that pairs great with whatever main dish you are serving. And if you are making this at the height of zucchini season (ie. summer) then you are going to especially love how you don’t have to heat up the oven to bake a casserole!
- Zucchini – Shredded (about 3 to 4 medium sized zucchinis)
- Kosher Salt
- Yellow Onion – Peeled and diced.
- Garlic – Minced
- Parmesan Cheese – Shredded
- Mozzarella Cheese – Shredded
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Unsalted Butter – Melted
- Place shredded zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible from the zucchini. Add zucchini to a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker OR a 6 quart oval slow cooker (you want as much flat surface as possible).
- Add the onion, garlic, eggs and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese and stir to combine making sure the egg coats all of the zucchini. Press mixture flat into stoneware crock with the back of a spoon or a spatula.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- While mixture is cooking mix together in a medium mixing bowl the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, panko bread crumbs and melted butter.
- After the zucchini casserole has cooked for 2 hours, remove lid and sprinkle cheese and bread crumb mixture evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Recover slow cooker and continue to cook for 1 additional hour on HIGH heat to allow the cheeses to melt on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Slow Cooker OR 6 Quart Oval Slow Cooker
- Grater (For The Zucchini And Cheeses)
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
More Tasty Slow Cooker Side Dishes To Try!
- Crock-Pot Mexican Red Beans
- Slow Cooker Fresh Zucchini Casserole
- Crock-Pot Grandma’s Famous Baked Beans
- Slow Cooker Au-Gratin Potatoes
- Crock-Pot Macaroni and Cheese