In this recipe for Crock-Pot Taco Spaghetti a Mexican inspired ground beef sauce is cooked in the slow cooker and then tossed with cooked spaghetti noodles! This one is a big hit with the kids!
Crock-Pot Taco Spaghetti
I had a variation of this at a friend’s house for dinner. I added a slight spin on it based on what I had on hand. This turned out great. Some of my meals are started once I pick up my kids from school. That gives me a couple of hours to deal with homework, laundry, and hearing about my kids days. I like the time that I can talk to them instead of feeling rushed in the kitchen. Cook some noodles up and then serve.
- Extra Lean Ground Beef – Whenever possible I try to use extra lean ground beef. I purchase 96% lean ground beef at my local Walmart Super-center. You can also use ground turkey in this recipe.
- Yellow Onion – I find yellow onions to be a good all-purpose onion for cooking but white onions work too.
- Cheddar Cheese – For this recipe you will need about 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. I prefer to grate my own cheddar cheese because it melts better and tastes better, but in a pinch for time I am not above buying a bag of pre-shredded cheese from the grocery store.
- Canned Diced Tomatoes With Green Chilies – I use RoTel brand but there are other brands and even generics that you can buy. RoTel just goes on sale often here throughout the year so I almost always have a small stockpile of it on hand to use in recipes.
- Frozen Corn Kernels – A simple bag of frozen corn works great in this recipe. In a pinch you can also use canned corn that has been drained or fresh corn kernels that you have cut off the cob yourself.
- Taco Seasoning – You will need 1 packet of store-bought taco seasoning (look for a low-sodium or no-sodium variety) but in all honestly I like to make up a batch or two of Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix to use in recipes.
- Spaghetti Noodles – The noodles will be cooked on the stove-top prior to serving and not cooked in the slow cooker.
- In a large skillet on the stove-top, add the ground beef and diced onion and cook and crumble the ground beef until no longer pink and the onions are starting to turn translucent. Drain off excess cooking fat (if there is any).
- Add cooked ground beef and onion mixture, cheese, tomatoes, corn, water and taco seasoning mix to a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 to 3 hours to allow the flavors to meld together and the cheese to melt.
- Prior to serving, cook the spaghetti noodles on the stove-top according to the instructions on the package.
- Serve taco spaghetti sauce either mixed into the noodles or spooned over top.
- 5 Quart Slow Cooker, 5.5 Quart Slow Cooker Or 6 Quart Slow Cooker
- Large Skillet
- Wooden Spoon
- Cutting Board
- Cheese Grater
- Can Opener
- Large Pasta Pot With Strainer
Check Out These Hamburger Recipes Too:
- Crock-Pot Low Carb Meatloaf
- Slow Cooker Taco Bake
- Crock-Pot Sweet Chili + Video
- Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Joes
- Crock-Pot Brown Sugar Meatloaf
|Beef Crock-Pot Recipes||Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Mexican Slow Cooker Recipes||Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes|
|10 Ingredients Or Less Crock-Pot Recipes||Entree Slow Cooker Recipes|