Make up this delicious & hearty recipe for Crock-Pot Fresh Breakfast Bake for your next family breakfast or brunch. Full of fresh veggies, sausage & eggs!
Crock-Pot Fresh Breakfast Bake
Crock-Pot Fresh Breakfast Bake was a recipe I came up with to have a new dish to serve eggs and potatoes to my family. My family really enjoys when I cook with fresh potatoes and with our flock of chickens we always have an abundance of eggs!
This recipe is fairly easy to put together and is also flexible which is what I love about Crock-Pots. You can use any potato, the cheeses you could be changed to a Colby Jack, Parmesan, or even Swiss and you can add peppers, tomatoes, or even beans.
These are the types of recipes that you figure out what is in your fridge and use it all up. I love when I’m able to reuse a food and thus not waste it. I used a moderate spicy sausage as that is what I had on hand. Feel free to use a mild or spicy sausage, and of course add peppers if you desire.
- Eggs – I use large eggs in my recipes. However, if you have other sized eggs you can use the egg size conversion chart to get the amount of eggs needed.
- Canned Evaporated Milk – You can use full-fat, reduced fat or fat-free evaporated milk.
- Kosher Salt
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Black Pepper – I prefer to grind my own black peppercorns.
- Cheddar Cheese – Shredded
- Mozzarella Cheese – Shredded
- Potatoes – I used Russet potatoes but you can use whatever kind of potatoes you like. And you don’t need to peel the potatoes first unless you want to. Just wash them good and thinly slice them.
- Breakfast Sausage – Before starting this recipe go ahead and cook and crumble the sausage in a frying pan on the stove-top. Drain off any excess cooking fat.
- Yellow Onion – Peeled and diced.
- Green Onions – Sliced
- GARNISH BEFORE SERVING – Totally optional but you can garnish your breakfast casserole with some shredded Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, evaporated milk, salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper and one cup of the shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Set aside the remaining cheese for later.
- Scrub the potatoes and slice thinly.
- Place half of the sliced potatoes in the bottom of a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker OR a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Spread half of the browned ground sausage on top of the potatoes.
Sprinkle half of the yellow onion and then 1/2 of the remaining cheddar and mozzarella Cheese.
- Repeat the layers with a the remaining potatoes, sausage, onion and cheeses.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture over your entire potato and sausage mixture. You’ll want to get all of it covered.
- Sprinkle the green onions on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours or until the eggs are set. A meat thermometer registering at 160° F means it’s done.
- Sprinkle the top of the cooked casserole with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and paprika before serving if desired and enjoy!
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Slow Cooker OR 6 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Mixing Bowl
- Cutting Board
- Cheese Grater
- Can Opener
- Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Large Skillet
- Wooden Spoon
More Fantastic Breakfast Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Crock-Pot French Toast Casserole
- Slow Cooker Overnight Raisin Apple Oatmeal
- Crock-Pot Banana Oatmeal
- Slow Cooker Crustless Spinach & Feta Quiche
- Crock-Pot Overnight Apple Oatmeal
|Breakfast Crock-Pot Recipes||Pork Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Casserole Slow Cooker Recipes||American Crock-Pot Recipes|
|6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes||Spring Slow Cooker Recipes|