Pork chops are simmered away in the slow cooker with onions and bell peppers in a homemade tangy sauce in this recipe. Serve the tender fall-off-the-bone Crock-Pot Sweet & Sour Pork Chops over fried rice or noodles for a quick and easy dinner.
Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Pork Chops
My family really enjoyed this recipe I came up with for these tender Crock-Pot Sweet & Sour Pork Chops. And while I was a bit worried that I was not going to be able to snap a decent photo of them for the blog (I am going to be the first to admit slow cooker recipes are often times not very photogenic) the kids reassured me that the flavor was all there.
I loaded up my slow cooker with 6 whole bone-in sirloin pork chops and they layered on some bell pepper, onion and a can of pineapple tidbits. Then I whipped up a sweet and tangy sauce out of ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, siracha (just a little bit for heat) and some freshly grated ginger.
I poured the sauce over it all and gave it a quick mix and let it cook for about 5 hours (in my slow cooker…your cooking time may vary). And then I served it over some brown rice I made in my rice cooker.
The pork chops were so moist and tender and were falling off the bone.
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Cutting Board
- Can Opener
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Other Cuts Of Meat In This Recipe?
Yes, you can use other types of pork chops or chicken in this recipe. If you are using other cuts of pork chops look for a medium to thick cut pork chop. And if you are using chicken the chicken breast is the best cut of meat for this recipe. Either bone-in or boneless chicken breast will work. I prefer to remove the skin.
How Do You Peel And Grate Fresh Ginger?
This video from the DearMartinKitchen channel on YouTube shows you how to peel fresh ginger using a kitchen spoon to remove the skin and a microplane to grate the ginger.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Sweet & Sour Pork Chops is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Sweet & Sour Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 Whole Pork Chops (I Used Bone-In Sirloin)
- 1 Cup Sliced Red Bell Pepper
- 10 Ounces Canned Pineapple Tidbits (Drained)
- ½ Cup Sliced Sweet Onion
- ¾ Cup Ketchup
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Grated Fresh Ginger
- Place the pork chops in the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add bell pepper, pineapple and onion on top of the pork chops.
- In a medium bowl mix together the remaining ingredients to form a sauce.
- Pour sauce over pork chops and cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or on HIGH 2 to 3 hours or until pork chops register 145° F on a meat thermometer.
- Serve pork chops with veggies and sauce over cooked rice if desired and enjoy!
Kristi Carter says
I would like to know the sodium content and serving size for Crock-Pot Sweet & Sour Pork Chops. Thank U
Hi Kristi, a serving size on this recipe is 1/6th of the recipe (a single pork chop and 1/6th of the veggies and sauce) and the sodium content on this recipe is 633mg.