The whole family will love this easy recipe for the best Crock-Pot Sweet Chili out there! Beans, ground beef, and a touch of brown sugar makes this simple non-spicy chili perfect for everyone including the kids. Top your bowl of chili with shredded cheese, onions, sour cream or whatever you like. A side of cornbread makes it the perfect meal!
Slow Cooker Sweet Chili
We decided to enter a chili cook-off at our local community center just for fun. While we were not expecting to win a prize we thought it would be fun just to enter a slow cooker full of yummy chili and chat with folks in our community and then go around the tables at the cook-off and sample some of the different kinds of chili.
It was totally a fun time for everyone in my family!
When it came to deciding what kind of chili we wanted to bring there was some heavy discussion among my kids and husband on if we wanted to make a super spicy chili…the kind that knocks your socks off and makes you sweat. Or if we should do a mild chili that was friendly for everyone in attendance at the cook-off…even small children.
We decided on the later and everyone was happy. I then remembered this easy chili recipe that my mom makes all the time for a sweet chili, recalling it as being hearty with plenty of ground beef, just the right amount of beans, not spicy…at all and there was just a little bit of sweetness to it.
I just knew it was the recipe for our family to bring!
And it was a huge hit with the crowd. Everyone came up for a sample and we got so many comments on the great flavor and the respite from the mouth burning, tongue tingling hot and spicy chili everyone else at the event was serving. It was really nice to be able to hand out little sample cups to children of all ages so they could enjoy the cook-off too.
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Sweet Chili Recipe:
Check Out These Chili Recipes Too!
- Crock-Pot Big Ole’ Pot of Chili
- Slow Cooker Three Bean Taco Chili
- Crock-Pot No Bean Chili
- Slow Cooker Black Bean and Butternut Squash Chili
- Crock-Pot Copycat Steak N Shake Chili
- Amazing Crock-Pot Chili Recipes
- Ground Beef Crock-Pot Recipes
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
- Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- Ultimate Collection of Game Day Crock-Pot Recipes
- Winter Recipes
Crock-Pot Sweet Chili Recipe
- In a large skillet on the stove top brown the ground beef and drain off any excess cooking fat from the meat.
- Add the cooked ground beef and the remaining ingredients in a 6 quart or larger slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for 6 hours on LOW or 3 hour on HIGH.
- Serve chili in bowls topped with your favorite chili toppings such as shredded cheddar or jack cheese, diced onion, sour cream, etc. if desired.