This easy recipe for Crock-Pot Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce features fresh seasonal cherry tomatoes and just a few simple ingredients for an amazing sauce!
Slow Cooker Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce
Summer is just not summer without fresh tomatoes. I personally love cherry tomatoes, just pop them in your mouth and eat, or cut them in half and sprinkle with salt & pepper and nosh away! I am lucky if I get a few since my kids all like to pick them fresh off the vine and eat them before I can get some.
Heck, I even caught one of the dogs raiding my tomato plants last year!
This recipe for roasted cherry tomato sauce made in the slow cooker is amazing and could not be simpler.
The ingredient list is simple, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, fresh basil and if you feel your sauce needs it, a pinch of sugar.
But first the tomatoes…
You can use home grown cherry tomatoes or ones you pick up at the farmers market or grocery store. They can be red, yellow, orange. Whatever you have. Just make sure they are ripe and juicy!
Then you toss in a handful of fresh basil, some garlic, a pinch of sugar, a couple grinds of pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
Let it simmer away and at the end you have this amazing fresh sauce that is of course perfect tossed over pasta.
Serve it over pasta…any kind of pasta, spaghetti, rigatoni, ravioli…
I went with the ravioli. Yum.
As you can see this is a rather chunky sauce, if you prefer though you can give the final sauce a whirl in the blender for a smoother sauce.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Video: How To Chiffonade Basil
More Crock-Pot Sauce Recipes To Try…
- 10 Ingredients Or Less Crock-Pot Recipes
- 4 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 4.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5 Ingredients Or Less Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Crock-Pot Sauce Recipes
- Crock-Pot Weight Watchers Recipes With 5 Ingredients Or Less
- Readers’ Favorite Recipes
- Summer Crock-Pot Recipes
Crock-Pot Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce Recipe
- Wash tomatoes and cut each one in half and place in the bottom of a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker.4 Pints Cherry Tomatoes
- Peel and finely mince garlic and add to tomatoes.4 Cloves Garlic
- Chiffonade the basil (see video) and add half of the fresh basil to the slow cooker and reserve the remaining basil for the end.10 Leaves Fresh Basil
- Toss the tomatoes, garlic and basil with the olive oil, black pepper and a pinch of sugar or drizzle of honey (optional).4 Tablespoons Olive Oil –½ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper –1 Pinch Granulated Sugar
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours.
- Tomatoes should be loose and saucy when done. (see Texture Note below if you want a smoother sauce)
- Add the remaining fresh basil and serve.