Spice up your hot dogs with this delicious recipe for Crock-Pot Chili Coney Dog Sauce. A mild ground beef based chili that is slow cooked to perfection!
Slow Cooker Chili Coney Dog Sauce
Summer cook-out season is upon us. And any good cook-out needs hot dogs.
Well… if you are in my house you need hot dogs. My youngest child loves hot dogs as long as it is those “regular” ones and not the beef ones that I always buy. She normally doesn’t notice that I fed her a beef hot dog until she has already eaten the hot dog.
I found a great recipe for chili coney dog sauce and decided to make it in the slow cooker. Once you cook the hamburger and drain it of the drippings, you add the cooked hamburger and the remaining ingredients in the crock-pot. Cook it on LOW for at least 4 hours.
I had the neighbor cook some hot dogs on the grill for us. Put the hog dog in bun and add about two good spoonfuls of the chili coney dog sauce on top of the hot dog. And just serve. You can add other toppings too…cheese is always good. But you can add diced onion, jalapeño peppers, mustard, whatever makes your mouth smile!
You could take this to a cook-out and serve it straight out of the crock. Heck…you can even cook your hot dogs in one slow cooker and bring this sauce in another!
Can this sauce be frozen?
It sure can! Cook the sauce in the slow cooker per the instructions in the recipe. Once done, turn the slow cooker off (or unplug it) and remove the lid. Let the sauce cool to room temperature. Then ladle the sauce into good-quality freezer containers and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Chili Coney Dog Sauce is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More slow cooker sauce recipes:
- Slow Cooker Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce
- Crock-Pot Homemade Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- Slow Cooker Turkey Bolognese Sauce
- Crock-Pot Pizza Sauce
- Slow Cooker Veggie Loaded Spaghetti Sauce
- 4 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Amazing Crock-Pot Chili Recipes
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes
- Ground Beef Crock-Pot Recipes
- Kid Friendly Slow Cooker Recipes
- Sauce Recipes
- Summer Recipes
Crock-Pot Chili Coney Dog Sauce Recipe
- 1 Pound Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 15 Ounces Tomato Sauce
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce (Look For Gluten Free Brands Such As Lea & Perrins If On A GF Diet)
- ¼ Cup Minced Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Mustard
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Chili Powder
- ⅛ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- On the stove top cook the ground beef over medium heat until longer pink, breaking into crumbles and drain.
- Add cooked ground beef and remaining ingredients to a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Serve as a topping for hot dogs.