Whip up this amazing and easy recipe for Crock-Pot Sausage Hash Brown Casserole Recipe with just 5 simple ingredients for breakfast or brunch! Sausage, frozen hash brown potatoes, eggs, milk and cheese are all you need to make this simple breakfast recipe in your slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
Casseroles in a crock-pot are a great item to bring to a family function, potluck or work lunch. They are also great when you want to make something, but you would like it to cook slowly while you either cook other items on the stove or you get to relax and read a book (or clean the bathroom or take a longer nap!)
This dish is a 5 ingredient easy breakfast casserole to make. There is a little prep work of browning the hash browns prior to cooking, but remember, this can be done the night before so you are not rushed in the morning. You can prepare the entire casserole, store it in the refrigerator overnight and then cook in the morning.
I prefer to cook my hash browns in bacon grease. I keep a little jar in the fridge. This time however I used the sausage drippings (not all , just some of it) and browned my hash browns that way. I think it adds a little bit more flavor. But feel free to use butter if you would rather.
Once you have everything ready, dump it in the crock-pot and turn it on.
Make sure that when it is done, a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean. Then serve!
- Large Frying Pan
- Wooden Spoon or Spatula
- 4 Quart, 5 Quart or 6 Quart Slow Cooker
- Dry Measuring Cups
- Liquid Measuring Cup
More yummy breakfast casserole recipes to try:
- Slow Cooker Biscuit Breakfast Casserole
- Crock-Pot Biscuit and Bacon Breakfast Casserole
- Slow Cooker Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Crock-Pot Fully Loaded Breakfast Casserole
- Slow Cooker Cinnamon Sweet Roll Casserole
Crock-Pot Sausage Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
- In a large skillet cook and brown the breakfast sausage on the stove top, drain off excess fat and add cooked sausage to a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- In the same skillet add in a little bit of the sausage drippings (or butter) and cook the hash browns until slightly browned, about 10 to 15 minutes. Add the browned hash browns to the crock-pot.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and cheese until well combined. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and hash browns in the slow cooker.
- Give everything a quick mix with a spoon and cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the casserole comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!