Pretty enough for guests but easy enough for everyday, this recipe for Crock-Pot Express Chocolate Bundt Cake is the perfect homemade chocolate cake with a fudgy chocolate ganache icing.
Pressure Cooker Chocolate Bundt Cake
When you are craving something chocolatey but don’t want to spend hours baking and heating up the oven then turn to this fantastic chocolate bundt cake.
The recipe starts with a homemade chocolate cake that uses both cocoa powder and chocolate chips. The cake is baked in a bundt cake pan that fits inside your Crock-Pot Express resting on a silicone trivet with handles and cooks for just 32 minutes.
When the cake is done cooking lift the bundt cake pan out of your pressure cooker with the handles on that trivet, let it cool for a few minutes and then flip the cake out of the pan onto a pretty cake plate and let it cool completely.
Then, to top it all off you make up a easy chocolate ganache with more chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream and drizzle that fudgy ganache all over the top of your cake for the pretties chocolate cake you have ever seen!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Express Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe:
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Express Multi-Cooker (Or other electric pressure cooker like an InstantPot)
- Mixing Bowls
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Silicone Spatula
- Bakers Joy Non-Stick Cooking Spray For Baking
- 6 Cup Bundt Cake Pan
- Aluminum Foil
- Trivet With Handles
Frequently Asked Questions
We have found that this NordicWare 6 cup bundt cake pan fits perfectly inside our 6 quart Crock-Pot Express Multi-Cooker. This is a metal cake pan making it perfect for use in the oven too.
If you prefer to use silicone bundt cake pan in your Crock-Pot Express you can do that too. In fact this Aokinle brand silicone baking mold is perfect.
Most silicone bakeware is designed to withstand heat temperatures of up to 446℉ (230℃) or higher which is well within the cooking temperatures of most electric pressure cookers. The Crock-Pot Express gets up to about 242℉ (117℃) so there is no worries about silicone melting.
More Fantastic Crock-Pot Express Desserts!
Crock-Pot Express Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
For The Cake:
For The Cake:
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the hot water and cocoa powder. Whisk until smooth and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, baking soda, and salt. Add in the sour cream, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the flour until fully combined.
- Add the cocoa mixture and beat for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a 6 cup bundt pan that has been sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray designed for baking. Cover with aluminum foil.
- In the bottom of the Crock-Pot Express insert add 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Put the bundt cake pan on a trivet with handles and lower into the insert.
- Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker into place, making sure the valve is set to sealing.
- Set on MANURAL, HIGH PRESSURE, for 32 minutes.
- When the time is done, allow the pressure cooked to naturally release for 10 minutes, then carefully turn the valve to venting to release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove lid from pressure cooker and using oven mitts lift out the cake from the pressure cooker using the handles on the trivet.
- Remove the foil and allow the cake to cool for about 5 to 10 minutes in the pan, then invert onto a cake plate to fully cool before topping with chocolate ganache.
For The Ganache:
- Add chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream to a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring between intervals until the chocolate is smooth and glossy.
- Pour ganache over top of cake. Serve and enjoy!