Who would have thought you could make iced tea in your slow cooker? Well, with this recipe for Crock-Pot Boston Iced Tea you sure can! The slow cooker allows you to slowly brew and steep your tea bags. And then you can simply serve the perfectly brewed tea over ice for a refreshing summer drink!
Slow Cooker Boston Iced Tea
I don’t know about you, but I LOVE tea. Hot tea in the morning or iced tea in the afternoon.
And flavored tea is even better!
This recipe for Boston iced tea is indeed flavored with cranberry juice and lightly sweetened with some sugar.
I like to make this tea early in the morning in my slow cooker. And then toss it in glasses with ice for a nice cool afternoon drink by the pool or hang out on the deck or front porch in the evening.
The cranberry juice adds some nice berry tartness to the tea and is healthy for you too!
Give this refreshing drink a try!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Boston Iced Tea Recipe:
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use what ever sugar substitute you wish to use in this recipe to save on calories and grams of sugar. Common sugar substitutes that will work in this recipe include Splenda (sucralose), Equal (aspartame), Stevia, Monk Fruit, Agave or even honey. Keep in mind that the cranberry juice concentrate will still contain sugar unless you use a unsweetened variety. And of course honey contains calories but is a more natural sweetener.
I used Lipton brand black tea bags in this recipe because that is the classic and most popular brand in America. But you can use your favorite brand of black tea bags. You can even use flavored tea bags if you think the flavor would go well with the cranberry juice. I think lemon or orange flavored tea would go great with the cranberry and would be super refreshing!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Boston Iced Tea is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Great Summer Crockpot Recipes You Must Try!
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Beverage Recipes
- Summer Recipes
Crock-Pot Boston Iced Tea Recipe
- Add water and sugar to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Hang the tied tea bags just inside the slow cooker in the water, holding them in place with the lid.
- Cook on HIGH for 1 hour, allowing the sugar to dissolve.
- Add the thawed cranberry juice concentrate to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Recover and cook on HIGH for 1 additional hour.
- Turn slow cooker OFF and remove the lid.
- Remove and discard tea bags.
- Allow the tea to cool by either carefully pouring into a jug or pitcher and refrigerating. Or you can place the slow cooker insert in the refrigerator and allow it to chill.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!