Whip up this super simple Tex-Mex take on chili with this Crock-Pot Three Bean Taco Chili recipe. So easy to make and sure to be a family favorite!
Slow Cooker Three Bean Taco Chili
This recipe for Crock-Pot Three Bean Taco Chili was a super big hit with the family who gobbled it up. It has all the warm hearty goodness that you expect in a chili but the taco flavorings add a little something extra I think.
I served with a side of corn bread but the kids thought that we needed tortilla chips to go with it. Next time I make this recipe I will definitely do the tortilla chips (and maybe some extra taco topping likes sour cream. But as the recipe stands it is a solid winner and is definitely a recipe I am making again and again!
Gluten Free | High Fiber | Low Fat | Low Sugar
This recipe for Crock-Pot Three Bean Taco Chili is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
- Amazing Crock-Pot Chili Recipes
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
- Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- Winter Recipes
Crock-Pot Three Bean Taco Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds Ground Beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 whole Onion (chopped)
- 16 ounces Canned Mild Chili Beans (undrained)
- 16 ounces Canned Refried Beans
- 15 ounces Canned Kidney Beans (undrained)
- 14.5 ounces Canned Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 15.25 ounces Canned Corn (drained)
- 2.5 ounces Canned Sliced Black Olives (drained)
- 6 ounces Canned Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Salsa (thick & chunky, I used mild but you can use medium or hot)
- 2 ounces Low Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix (low sodium, homemade or store bought)
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef along with the diced onion, crumbling the beef as you cook it, until the beef is no longer pink.
- Drain and rinse the beef and pour into a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 4-5 hours.
- Serve with your favorite chili/taco toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, etc.
I think I’m going to have to buy a bigger crock pot just for this recipe. YUMMMM!
Can I substitute corn for something? My husband is allergic! What would be a good suggestion?
Lady Katie says
Yes. or just leave it out.
Lady Heidi says
As Katie mentioned you could just leave out the corn or you might try adding in some additional beans. Either way I am sure it will turn out great!
Just wondering if I can use a 5 quart crock pot for the Three Bean Taco Chili recipe. I don’t have a 6 quart.
Rebecca Lavo says
I have never rinsed cooked beef before. What is the purpose?
Lady Heidi says
Good question Rebecca, I was always taught to rinse your ground beef after you cook it with hot tap water. It just removes all the extra fat that cooks off. But I have heard that not everyone does this. It would be OK to just drain off the fat too. But, like I said rinsing it gets more of the fat off than draining. I hate a greasy dish.
Thank you for this amazing recipe! I’ve won 2 chili cook-offs at my office with this recipe and made it a dozen times. It is becoming my Christmas Eve tradition. Making it again today for family visiting from Hawaii on a cold Dec week. Perfect dish to warm everyone’s hearts. I use ground turkey, leave out the corn and add green Chile’s and diced red bell pepper. I love the flavor using the taco seasoning.
Crock-Pot Ladies says
Wow thank you Julie for the amazing review. It is so cool that you have won chili cookoffs with this recipe!